• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:
KillerJawz - Meta Knight
Throwback - Diddy Kong
Th3 Composer - Meta Knight
Xyro77 - Meta Knight
CREWS - Meta Knight

Well you took the time out to do this for every character board so...

Vote: Metaknight

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Are we pretending Samus is a viable character?

If yes, Metaknight, because you're going to come across it more than probably any other match-up.

If we're being realistic, whatever Samus' most difficult Low Tier matchup is. I'm not sure exactly what that is myself, but personally mario gives me a lot of trouble, and seems to have the tools to beat Samus pretty bad if you don't know what to do and what not to do, so Mario.

See thats what confused me about this poll. We can't realistically say Samus is viable outside of low tier, so these really should be kind of double polled, one for normal gameplay and one for low tier.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Except for he doesn't so far Maybe in a few char. boards...like less than 4 so far.

Is that your vote?
Since mk is the most broken and overused character, then yes, that's my vote. Realistically, opinion's aside, mk is everyone's most important matchup in a competitive sense. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if even mk mains chose mk in the poll.

EDIT: And to be honest, it's looking like a lot of mk mains are agreeing with me.

Hive

Smash Lord
idk it might not be mk.. i mean he's probably the most detrimental to our gameplay and one of the most common matchups, but its like
don't learn the matchup- lose to most mks
learn the matchup- still lose to most mks.

idk it might not be mk.. i mean he's probably the most detrimental to our gameplay and one of the most common matchups, but its like
don't learn the matchup- lose to most mks
learn the matchup- still lose to most mks.
That's why we should have had a seperate poll for more... realisticly winnable MUs like a low tier poll for example.

Mine would be Mario for Low Tier btw

Hive

Smash Lord
Samus can do a lot more against mario by learning the matchup but mario is kind of a really rare encounter too. But then again everyone in low tier is lol.
IDK if i had to guess I'd probably say snake or something, he will still take out samus at high levels, but he is a very common matchup and samus can do pretty well against a lot snakes who don't know the mu well. Or maybe ROB, but like, no one plays him as much as they usto :(. IDK though its hard to say.

Top Bottom