• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY - Meta Knight
DMG - Meta Knight
Dynomite - Meta Knight
Pwneroni - DDD
Padô - Meta Knight
Baron_Mack - Meta Knight
Labernash - Diddy Kong
PieDisliker - Meta Knight

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Metaknight most played character in tournies you can just camp any MU you don't understand with Wario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This is a bit dumb. The most important matchup for anyone to learn is MK.

If your character has a really hard counter, you could probably just give up on that one. Knowing the MK matchup when you face 3-4 of them in tournament is better than knowing how to plank a Dedede as DK. imo

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
King Dedede. Any Wario that doesn't know that matchup should prepare to get owned. MK comes in close second.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Tbh, against DDD you don't really have that many options to choose from, or situations which require a specific approach. Against MK, you have that a LOT.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
MK is always gonna be the most important matchup to learn... after that it's hard counters or strange matchups like Olimar (and more recently... Sonic). you can just adapt to most other matchups.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Dedede, Falco, Marth, Peach, Olimar, Lucario, Game and Watch, and those with CG-infinites like Yoshi or some ****.

All in this order.

MK is a given.

Excellence

Smash Champion
This isn't even debatable. The most common high level character is Meta Knight so obviously to most improve your chances you winning you should learn the Meta Knight vs Wario match-up.

Excellence - Meta Knight

Top Bottom