• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popular atheism today is basically this

Status
Not open for further replies.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
first find stupid "christians"

real easy, thats your straw man

then use negation as failure (or law of excluded middle if u prefer)

then devour these to fuel your "belief"

check reddit atheism for lols

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You are insufferable.

Care to add anything substantial that would actually be fit for a real discussion? Or do you just want to throw more debate and logic terms you found on wikipedia at us?

If not, I think our time here is done.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
So basically you read something that have made you feel insecure about your faith and you thought this might be a good way to attract like minded people and get some validation?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
there are a lot of assumptions and inferences in those last two posts and i think every one of them are wrong

nothing wrong with commenting on the state of the something lol

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
You argument and op are well though out and explain your view point quite nicely, I now find myself thinking deeply about the error of my disbelief in the Lord and genuinely feel that you have lead this stray sheep back on the path to holiness.
Thank you.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
its not a strawman

i think pop christianity is garbage and terrible. christian right, megachurches, stay at home moms, focus on the family, priest weird ****, all total unrepresentative of what it is. but people judge christianity by this.
not just on the internet, ive been raged at by at least 5 friends just because they thought god wasnt real cause of catholic priests molesting kids.

im saying pop atheism is ugly because it looks at this and says if this is wrong, the negation must be right

and get worked up over anecdotes of bad churches stealing money and protesting soldiers funerals and such

palpi, u dont understand what im doing obviously, i just explained it though.

ltnoob: learned about lem in logic course and about naf in cs course

chillol:
im not insecure about anything lol.

but how insecure do u have to be about your beliefs to call me insecure in mine when i question something that u might not even subscribe to?

if u attacked the westboro baptist church and i said that u were insecure in your beliefs, wouldnt that be strange?

what wrong with calling something like it is. lol. i just pointed out bad assumptions and stuff so dont make them anymore. if u want to troll go ahead, lol, im used to it at this point.

also make sure to make more bad assumptions that i have to point out, then make some more so nothing ever gets actually discussed, and u end up just calling me a troll and infracting me for bad grammar LOLLL

edit: why mock it rofl
nothing wrong with a deep thought out atheism, but basing your beliefs on stupid theists (closetly or in the open) is bad. and it happens

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This whole thread can be summed up with "some people on the internet are stupid and don't know it."

A distinction between the ones who claim to believe in a god or gods and those who do not need not be made.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
not internet lol

obviously u dont ever talk to real people if u really believe this just has to do with internet
that or u are just trying to dismiss it as unimportant so will just make up stuff so u feel good about ignoring it

not a terrible summary but applying it to a case and watching people get real mad about it (chill) when u do is interesting

its ok this thread is going nowhere anyway

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why do the religious cry so much about atheists and atheism when most of the world's population is religious, and most of them being from the Abrahamic religion family?

Your belief is your business so ultimately even if someone else talks crap about yours it shouldn't really bother you.

BUT THEN AGAIN

Most people have a persecution complex, it's why I'm in favour of dictatorships because at least it fulfills people's secret desires to be oppressed and discriminated against.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't feel like this is unique to atheists, or religious people- it's just that all people are pieces of **** who think they know something when they don't. Anyone who states their beliefs with any solid certainty, and puts down anyone else's belief system, is full of ****, in my opinion.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
not internet lol

obviously u dont ever talk to real people if u really believe this just has to do with internet
that or u are just trying to dismiss it as unimportant so will just make up stuff so u feel good about ignoring it

not a terrible summary but applying it to a case and watching people get real mad about it (chill) when u do is interesting

its ok this thread is going nowhere anyway
yeah, I'm furious bro.

Most people have a persecution complex, it's why I'm in favour of dictatorships because at least it fulfills people's secret desires to be oppressed and discriminated against.
lol good ol' Teran.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This is going nowhere. Obvious trolling is obvious, and I am losing my patience for it. I'm tired of complaints about the same member over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom