• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new Pit technique?

srk99

Smash Cadet
Okay so we are aware of the famous with Snakes and Falcos DACAS technique? Where snake can dash into and threw up smashes, and falco can slide and upsmash, and shiek does the same.

Well while experimenting a little with both my characters (Pit, and Falco) I wished to implement the DACAS technique on Pit. Sadly this is not possible for his dash does chain to his upsmash.

But what if it didnt have too?

The reason Dacas is so great on charterers like Snake and Falco is because there running speed is slow to begin with. And here is where Pit has his advantage.

The technique begins with instead of doing a dash attack.

1. Hold the analog to the direction you are running.
2. Then press the c stick up and the z button to initiate a charge smash.

Pit will gain a boost of speed and slides his up smash a fair distance across the stage.

Sadly I would record this all for you but I dont have any idea how to do that.

fUddO

Smash Ace
The problem with DACUS is that the lowly hyphen smash sends him farther, even if you don't happen to do it on the 2nd step. It's essentially extra, uneeded tech skill. However, if there was a way to copy the gatling combo, that would be a cool way of making Dash Attack safe at low %. I'm not sure if it's frame possible though.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
This can be done with all characters and is a pretty old find.

This is where you cancel your ending lag of your dash into your usmash. I do it all the time with characters that get decent distance and can't DACUS.

MechaWave

Smash Champion

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Actually i've found the third step boost to be rather useful. Once you just know when to upsmash it helps with spacing punishes correctly. I find it really useful vs GaW so far. And it helps vs Ddd and falco/fox.

Top Bottom