• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Pikachu reset

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
I did not see a place to post this but I would have gladly typed it in a combo thread.

Anyhow, from playing the demo it seems Pikachu can have a small combo and depending how they Di(Vi?) a reset on heavy characters. (Link and Megaman)
The combo is at 0% so beginning of a match or stock you can down throw into a Utilt then full jump into a Uair. Now, if they Di forward you can follow them with a Fair. Pikachu's Fair is a multihit move and only knockbacks on the last hit. Well this will take them to the ground before the move ends negating the knockback and they recover right in front of you at the same time as you ready to be grabbed again into something else.

So....@0% Dthrow->Utilt->Full Jump->Uair->(situational) Follow forward and Fair to the ground->Regrab.

I hope that makes sense I am not used to typing this stuff out. It seems practical to use once in a while and I am sure I can pull it off on human opponents that are not ready.

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Why not just use the autocancel of fair to 2 3 up tilts to 1,2 up airs to fair or Bair depending on the situation? It is a lot more reliable then down trow, which sends opponents a little too far.

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
That is a great idea and I will use it to mix up my combos and punishes.
Down throw is a good option however at the beginning of a game or fresh stock because it is not as risky as a Utilt. But yea I wont go for down throw beginning of every stock or anything lol.

Please keep the discussion going by telling us your Pikachu combos/Resets! If someone wants to make an official page for combos that's cool, I don't want to do that. I wont give the thread its proper attention lol.

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Up tilt is fast.and using the fair autocancel makes it pretty safe. However you should play smash the way you want, the beautiful thing about smash is that combos are all about creativity.

Top Bottom