• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre-registering for 'Don't Come'

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=577]Pre-registering for 'Don't Come'[/drupal]

The OHN7 website will soon be taking pre-registration payments through their website. Have a look.

http://www.ozhadou.net/ohn7/signup.php

You will notice that the entry fee for using their pre-registration service is $30 over the 2 days. $15 dollars per day is very good value for money considering what's on offer. There will be a Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl Teams and Crews tournaments that is run by myself, along with healthy interstate representation to the level Sydney rarely experiences.

However, even with the entry fee, this may still leave locals wondering - 'hey, wait a sec - $30 just to enter? What about a pot?' Well truth be told, all of the entry fees will be going towards the Ozhadou administration to cover total operating costs. I do not see this as a bad thing. You see, from the very beginning, the OHN staff and the Sydney Smash Community have been at odds with each other. The arguments against having Smash at OHN was that the community could essentially run their own events through the E.G.G guild for free.

Ozhadou have a very conservative business model which they must enforce to maintain their sustainability into the future. The costs of having arcade cabinets and a large venue are staggering. They are likely to run their event this year at in negative territory with current turnouts. However, if the Australian Smash Community can demonstrate it wants to truly integrate with the wider compeititve fighting community, it must look beyond the costs (even through it represents excellent value for money) and see that this as a proposition for a proper partnership with OHN in the future.

I feel the Australian Smash Community has to show the organisation that Smash is a comptitive sport that should be taken seriously and that we are dedicated and strong enough.

Supporting the event will garner solidarity and trust. Therefore I strongly encourage every single Sydney Smasher to come to 'DC'. There is a reason behind everything I do, and I beleive there is something holding Sydney's development back. If Couch Warriors in Melbourne has taught me anything, a demonstrated effort to collaborate and establish alliances makes everyone winners.

Entry fee:
- $30 preregistration (highly recommended)
- $40 at the door
- All Smash events = free

Prizes:
- Trophies and medals will be awarded to the highest placing teams and crews in every event.

Top Bottom