• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with Marth :: Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauc3

Smash Lord
So I found the information in the match-up thread to be very limited, and mostly things I already knew (through my own trial and error)

My last two tournaments I have been eliminated by a Marth player (Iliad and Tippr), and I never really feared Marth, but I'm beginning to notice a trend and could use some tips on how to beat him.

Here are some things that frustrate me about the match-up.

I never know when it is safe to go for a grab.

-If i get a grab, i almost always finish it with a death, so its a crucial part of my game.
-I see a Marth spacing fairs, and when I think I get the timing down, i try to run in between and grab. 9 times out of 10 i eat a fair or fsmash, and I just keep getting hit.
-I see a Marth Fsmash and completely miss or hit my shield.
-Whenever I run up to try and grab, its either Up b, or ground dodge (trying to punish the ground dodge with a pivot grab is too risky).
-I see a Marth dancing blade and finish.
-If I run and grab I get up b'd, and if I roll through i get side b'd again.
-Approaching with ground dodges doesn't work, because spacing fairs beat it,
-Desynching blizzards trades with fair, and it isnt a fair trade.
-Aproaching with shield will more than likely resolve in a shield poke or backing up.
-Camping is pointless since dtilt returns ic blocks.

Outside of grabs, what do they really have on him?

-All of IC's priority lies above them, since desycned blizzards are pointless in this matchup.
-Marth always stays in front of you, and you cant pressure him to do anything different

Marth's wall of pain makes it difficult to recover.

-His fair go right through squal hammer, and rolling/standing/attacking from the ledge can be outspaced by side-b.
-If he lands a fair its usually two or three more (nana can't airdodge in time) pushing you way over, and sometimes if you are spamming b, nana can sd leaving you useless,

All in all I need a general strategy for how to get a grab, and what to do outside of their grabs. My grab game is solid. Trust.

swordgard

Smash Hero
What can i tell you, watch neo vs meep.

Also, desynched blizz is useful if you learn to space it better.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Sorry about the matchup thread. I've been pretty busy lately and am falling behind in my write-ups.

You should probably as this in the stickied Q and A thread. You'll get a better response there. This thread kinda got flooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom