• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about odd online play

criel

Smash Rookie
Hello,

Recently i've been playing online more for ssbb and was wondering why the majority of people on there dont play? Most of then sit in one spot and taunt the whole game or crouch. Am i missing something here?

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
just got done with a bunch of them

one match, we were all peach. only 2 made it to sudden death. one taunted while the other did nothing. the first bob-omb spawned right on the taunter :laugh:

<^v>

Smash Rookie
Personally, I am still trying to work out what is so fun about taunt parties. But yes, you are bound to come across a fair few of them, there are many taunt parties out there.

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
That's exactly what I thought at first too, Mister Arrows. But after a while, it got to "if you can't beat them..."

They grew on me, what can I say ? :oneeye:

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
The taunt party will show just about everything pertaining to Taunt Parties. It started happening a few months after the Brawl release. Sadly, I believe I was a pioneer of this.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I did have an odd online moment. I was in team battle with an I ike as my partner and I dair near him(I'm tink) while he is charging a move. The shock pushes him off and I get a self death as normal. Now when the match ends I have a self death on the score card and so does ike, but he also had it registered as a fall, and I had it registered as a regular kill, his face was right up there mixed in with the other team. I guess the game really liked me, and I don't mind the inflated kill count;)

:phone:

criel

Smash Rookie
What is the point of these? I'm seeing more and more everyday and I see absolutely no point in doing these. Waste of time.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Dammit noob, look at the OP of the Taunt Party thread and all your questions will be answered.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Not just taunt parties, some dudes will just plank the whole match and leave after 1 round, even when it's sudden death. To quote Gladiator: Are you not entertained??

Seriously though, the match is what you make of it. Of course you're going to be bored when your own play style is boring as all hell.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
when a "crasher" comes, ones that attack the taunt partyiests, they will gang up on you.

Either become one of them or become a crasher. Your call.

Top Bottom