• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Question about save data and the game

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
So I have the game since launch on my 3DSXL but I borrow the game to a friend and when he plays it on his console there's nosave data, everything is like new, then I put it back on my console and it was normal with everything unlock and my dlc, but when my friend used it it ask if he want to create save data, he chosee "No" But my question is, can He use my game and create his own save data? if he does it it'll delete my data and dlc? Why the data doesn't save on the cartidrige and saves on the sd card? Why that happens? Please let me know I dont what to loose my stuff and DLC just to borrow the game.

D

Deleted member

It is because your SD card stores all your Smash Bros. save data, including unlocked content such as characters, and progress in modes such as Classic and All-Star. For that reason, I doubt you'll lose everything on your 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
It is because your SD card stores all your Smash Bros. save data, including unlocked content such as characters, and progress in modes such as Classic and All-Star. For that reason, I doubt you'll lose everything on your 3DS.
So just to be clear, If my freind updates the game to the last version, and I borrow him my copy, he has to start from the begining but he can create his own save and when he give it back to me I'll still have my own save and DLC? I need to be sure so he can start he own stuff, or I loose data?

D

Deleted member

So just to be clear, If my freind updates the game to the last version, and I borrow him my copy, he has to start from the begining but he can create his own save and when he give it back to me I'll still have my own save and DLC? I need to be sure so he can start he own stuff, or I loose data?
I've looked it up and it looks like the cartridge saves all the content, barring a few things such as replay data and stuff. Your friend may want to get his own Smash 3DS copy instead.

One option would be either one of you purchase the game digitally, and transfer the save data using the Save Data Transfer application found on the eShop, with the other having the cartridge.

Apologies for giving you misleading information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom