• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question

Goku_1984

Smash Rookie
I read this rule for brawl 'Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.' and for melee 'Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played'. for smash 64 there isn't a rule for tie,in general which is? thanks in advance

Goku_1984

Smash Rookie
no,the question is what happen if a tie happen in smash 64. there is a sudden death or people can choice to make 1 stock as brawl?

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
ties are so rare that if it ever happened people would probably just play again with whatever rules they want

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I think you're talking about time matches.

In stock matches there is no "tie" or a timer during stock matches as well.

Whoever plays time matches on a tournament setting must be heavily influenced by brawl

NixxxoN

Smash Master
SSB64 5-stock matches are very rarely long, unless both players are hyper camping b¡tches.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
ties happen but it doesn't say it... it'll give 1p the win i think, or whoever has the most kills... but if its 5 kills to 5, then i think it defaults to 1p, which is unfair

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Both characters can die at the same time (i.e. on the same frame). But as said before, it gives the win to someone. It does not go to sudden death... to my knowledge...

If it were to happen, just restart the match, or make it a 1 stock match or something.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Actually, I think p4 always wins in cases where both players die. I got bored, went 4 *insert character here* (did it with many characters), and set them all to the same control. I made them all die at the exact same time (they all had no stocks left). First was p4, 2nd was p3, 3rd was p2, and 4th was p1.

Top Bottom