• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Rated Mini-Tournaments

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Hey guys, okay I'm gonna try something else, though the 2011 send-off will still happen if people join. Instead of me prescribing times for these days in advance, I'm going to create a thread where anyone can post results from mini-tournaments that will be used for the rating system. These are the kind of tournaments that could be put together by simply creating a chat on kaillera, without much planning. Anyone can start one of these tournaments without having to make a thread on the forums, which moves rather slow imo. I recommend trying 4 man tournaments first, as this is easiest.

Formats:
[COLLAPSE="hide"]
Maximum number of players is 8 for now.

Tournaments can be either round robin or double elimination. Either way it must be seeded according to current ratings! For 8 man round robins, use 2 pools of 4 and take the top 2 from each pool to create a winners pool (a losers pool may be created if desired, but not necessary).[/COLLAPSE]

Requirements for tournaments results to be posted here:

[COLLAPSE="hide"]-All participants must be informed that results will be rated
-Tournies must follow the guidelines of the Online Rating Project, which include following the backroom ruleset, being seeded according to the current ratings from the rating project, and having all participants be from the same continent
-Tournies must not span more than a 3 day period. This is to encourage tournaments to be quick and ensure that they finish[/COLLAPSE]

What you need to post here:

[COLLAPSE="hide"]The 'host' of the tournament needs to post the results of the tournament, from beginning to end. The winner of every set must be reported. Please format this so I can make sense of it. I will then forward results to Nintendude.[/COLLAPSE]

Remember, anyone can start these. Lets get some competitive smash going! If you find yourself on kaillera playing teams and want to 1v1 instead, turn it into a 4 man tourney. Or just start one up on your own. Happy smashing!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Just hosted a 4 person round robin tourney.

Participants:

near aka fedex
Hai
Chef
Kangaskhan (shapedude on kaillera, but wants to be called Kangaskhan for ratings)

Results:

Near aka fedex 2-0 vs Hai
Near aka fedex 2-0 vs Chef
Near aka fedex 2-0 vs Kangaskhan
Chef 2-0 vs Hai
Kangaskhan 2-0 vs Hai
Chef 2-1 vs Kangaskhan

Placings:

1) Near aka fedex(3-0)
2) Chef (2-1)
3) Kangaskhan (1-2)
4) Hai (0-3)

Will forward my results in tio format to nintendude.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If it's not too much trouble I recommend taking screenshots of the round robin results in tio (like I did for the SBR event). It's much easier to read, especially if you end up with a large backlog of tournament results.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Noted. But how do I put the image in my posts? Would I have to upload the image somewhere online first?

Nvm piece of cake.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Bumping this because competitive eventsis linked to the main forum now. Cmon guys, a little friendly competition is good for improvement. Play the tourney, send me the results, and I'll make them nice and make it all rated.

Top Bottom