• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my friend's Marth

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.

mog87

Smash Ace
he needs to learn to wavedash...his excessive rolling will eventually get him punished very badly. Your gannon could have basically side b'd or down b'd everytime he rolled to retreat.

Squeater

Smash Rookie
Yeah I really do need to learn to wavedash... By the way I'm the marth in the video. Thanks for the advice.

BladesOfBrothers

Smash Rookie
IMO Id say get shorthopping consistently. Also, try and space yourself from him; you want to avoid being hit and you want to sweetspot him ^_^

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Marth player needs to shorthop more, and dair less. MUCH less. Your approach reminds me of my brother: you jump, double jump, then either land or do an aerial. This approach leaves you really, really open... don't worry, though, you'll get over it eventually just like he did. Fair more than dair, roll less, wavedash more, and learn to shorthop, and your game should improve by quite a bit

flaco

The Terminator
Well um shorthop,lcancel,wavedashing,waveland,dashdancing,and tech roll.There are some more you need to learn but I forgot about them right now to get better work in your execution and those moves.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I watched the first match. Basically what everyone else said. Practice short hopping, fast-falling, l-canceling. Then throw them all together to learn the shffl.

I would recommend trying to stay in constant motion, try not to stand still. This will help you react faster and force yourself to sh for approaching, since you do not want to be dash attacking all the time. When trying to get better AVOID using the fsmash unless you have
A). Combo'd into it
B). are edgegaurding

You will get much better faster by learning what other moves Marth can do on the stage rather than F-smashing all the time. Yeah odds are your opponents will end up with higher damage percentages. But you will be learning what moves you should be using, and will make you a better player.

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
I think it's because of your approach which Dreadlord Santa explained, but your spacing needs work. Your opponents are totally getting inside and getting in their hits.

Smash Journeyman
you need to first of all learn to shffl and wd. also you need to learn to stop spamming smash attacks and use those tilt attacks to your advantage also you need to take advantage of marths magnifiscent throwing.

Squeater

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all your comments. I've have spent some (ok alot) of time in training mode, and tired to take in all of your advice and I will show a new video in the next couple of weeks. (don't quote me on that... :laugh: )

Top Bottom