• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Zelda =)

Jash

Smash Lord

iLegend

Smash Cadet
It was pretty good. Don't be afraid to use some more fairs and bairs though. Zelda's downsmash is very good so use that some more. Works good for taking down shields or hitting them with weak shields. For edgeguarding simply hog the ledge or time some >B's to explode on them because then you can predict which way their gonna go at and then from there follow up with a forward smash or a down smash. Also make sure you don't find yourself doing the same thing. Like when you were slowly walking backwards to get in a bair. The Roy player picked up on it quick and countered it twice I believe. So just mix it up a bit.

Hope that helps.

And P.S. That Roy needs to learn how to DI.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Critique time :p

edit: Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong and completely not know what i am talking about, and if you believe so, then do not believe anything under this disclaimer :p Also, Monkey!

lalalala.. lets see

what i like:
Good stringing of moved like your jab-dashattack-nair(coulda finished it with that fair if you just moved a BIT more)
Consistent l cancel with zelda's nair - it helps a lot later on
and the first kill, perfect shield to bair for a low percent kill. That was what i want to see more often

what to improve on:
-first off your mobility is a bit mediocre at best. To clarify, i mean your wavedash.. you do the very boring and generic run forward, wavedash back, about 5 times in a row. Then, when you dash dance, and ONLY dashdance, so you keep zelda in approximately the save spot. I would really like to see you mixing up the dash dancing and wavedashes (i believe in most of my vids i move around using a combination of both).
Also, wavelands! use lots and lots after short hopped or full hopped aerials :p They're really great for spacing!

-falling nairs- i liked them, but at the same time i don't really. The only thing you can really use to follow up is an upsmash, because if your opponent is quick enough, they can always get away before zelda's sloooowww grab comes out. You see roy either shield grabbing or sidestepping after your falling nairs a lot...because it's not really an effective approach tactic. At best, you haveta make sure you do it and 100% of the time you land behind them, to avoid shieldgrab.

-at 1:03, don't fastfall :p nuff said

-1:23 shows me that you need to practice zelda's teleport spots a bit better. i can't really help you with it, but palying as zelda a lot more helps you know when you can sweetspot that ledge. easiest way is from above, at an angle.

-dthrow-bair doesnt work unless your opponent doesn't know how to DI it : / The way to get out is to DI away. I like how you're able to get so many grabs, but you can't really do much with them if your opponent DI's correctly. Which leads to..two tactics you REALLY needa use more:

-dsmash: dsmash is one of zelda's MOST valuable moves. It knocks the opponent away, is the quickest smash attack in the game, clanks with almost everything, and does a fair amount of damage. Seriously, it's spammable. It even kills after 100%

-FSMASH: Dude.. FSMASH! i didn't see a single fsmash. even if you have version 1.1 or 1.2, doesnt matter, they haveta smash DI to get out of it. Even so, it puts them at high risk of DIing the wrong way. Fsmash is a stable. It's used after a jab, after a crouch canceled dash, after just standing there, after anything actually. What's better is that Fsmash kills at low percents, is a fast move, and has high knockback.

So like, 3rd stock, roy shouldnt have lived that long. simple fsmash, dsmash, or well placed fair or bair would've killed. No need to grab

OH another reason why you should fsmash: It counters roy's counter. Why? Because it's multihit. Roy counters upon the first hit, which does a whopping 0-1% damage. Meaning the counter does a whopping 0-2% damage.

and oh yea you do do a good job of maneuvering around roy's moves at times, but then you don't follow up =[

And those grabs.. cut the grab amount in half.. they're hurting you particularly in shield, when you try to shieldgrab, and instead get pwned. the grab is just too slow. Opt for the fair/bair out of shield.

What i see many pros do is the sh fair/bair to a falling nair to an upsmash. It works great if done correctly :p
Otherwise, just good knowledge about when to fair/bair more is all the real advice you need.

kk i'm done ranting :p

ps jash nice y.link

Jash

Smash Lord
Thank you Dark Atma for your ultimate lesson, i shall use your advice and show you some recent vids of my recent Zelda. I hope we get to Zelda ditto really soon man. Also thanks for the comment about my Young Link.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
@darkatma, a few critiques on ur critique.

first off, falling nair is amazing if u can land it.. u land the last part of it and it can combo to a SH bair on basically everyone because it has stationary-ish knockback.

dthrow to bair is good sometimes, dthrow when they're near the edge, then tech chase bair right at the edge cuz everyone tries to tech away from zelda.

thats about it :p

but yea, dsmash more, fsmash are good.

if u like ur grabs that much, dashdance grab is good, but shiledgrabbing is BLAH.

Top Bottom