• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery

YaBoiobZ

Smash Rookie
So she no longer has her side b as the chain. Does this mean she will no longer have a tether recovery? Or do you think she will be able to use the string from burst grenade... lol

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
I actually imagined the string from the burst grenade still functioning as a tether recovery. By letting go, you detonate the grenade at the edge. Could be somewhat useful but I doubt it will happen.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Down B will probably help her recover, like it does for Zero Suit Samus.

Maikou

Smash Ace
For the love of Arceus! Impa supporters, the least you could do is just move on already! I'm disapointed about Snivy being a PokeBall, but I'm not going around in other threads yelling "DIS CHRCTR SUKZ CUZ HES IN OVR (Insert character here)". Besides that, ANYTHING CAN F***ING HAPPEN WITH ROSALINA'S INCLUSION. SO FOR THE LOVE OF NAYRU, PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT IMPA.

More on to Sheik, Don't any of you think her old chain will be her grab now? I mean seriously, just look at the animation and tell me, that compared to the other grabs, it doesn't look like a grab. plus it was a Tether in Brawl, and considering the new system makes that more likely.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
For the love of Arceus! Impa supporters, the least you could do is just move on already! I'm disapointed about Snivy being a PokeBall, but I'm not going around in other threads yelling "DIS CHRCTR SUKZ CUZ HES IN OVR (Insert character here)". Besides that, ANYTHING CAN F***ING HAPPEN WITH ROSALINA'S INCLUSION. SO FOR THE LOVE OF NAYRU, PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT IMPA.

More on to Sheik, Don't any of you think her old chain will be her grab now? I mean seriously, just look at the animation and tell me, that compared to the other grabs, it doesn't look like a grab. plus it was a Tether in Brawl, and considering the new system makes that more likely.
Oh my lord calm the **** down

Hong

The Strongest
Maybe custom special moves will let people have their chain back if they want it.

The_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Maybe custom special moves will let people have their chain back if they want it.
I don't think so. Custom movesets seem to only alter the properties of moves, they don't change the move entirely. Still, seems like her recovery is not that bad. She lost a recovery move and gained another one.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I don't think so. Custom movesets seem to only alter the properties of moves, they don't change the move entirely. Still, seems like her recovery is not that bad. She lost a recovery move and gained another one.
But it IS confirmed that Miis and Palutena's Custom specials will be, in fact, entirely different moves.

Still though, why replace a possibly useable move with the former useless move aside from recovery? I think if Bouncing Fish is good enough, people won't mind the chain tether loss as much.

I myself LOVE the tether, but I'm hopeful for the two new moves to make me not miss it when playing.

Top Bottom