• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Relooking at a Peach Mixup: Fair Cancelling

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Hello again Peach boards and Happy New Years!

I wanted to start off the New Years with something small, situational, perhaps reckless even (for the agressive Peach) but offers a mixup/mindgame that may just net you a profit. I learned it from the level 9 Peach which honestly, I think we should make a whole discussion on what we can learn from it... it's a BEAST in mindgames and forcing reactions.

WHAT IS IT?
To keep it short it's cancelling a ground-floated Fair into an attack of your choice. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZoShaT8-Ac mostly starts at 30 seconds.

HOW TO DO IT
Step 1. Ground Float (hold down on the control stick and jump so your float is closest to the ground).
Step 2. Input a Fair
Step 3. Immediately cancel the fair animation by releasing the jump button
Step 4: do whatever you want

You have a lot of options with this: jab or dash attack for a quick surprise, do some other float cancelled aerial, run off whatever. But the most important is the grab.

Normally if the opponent sees you approaching with a FAIR, they are going to shield it. So if you bait the shield with the Fair, you can cancel that, dash and grab them.

I like it, and I'm going to try and implement it somewhere. The FAIR FAKEOUT

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I do this

but like no one ever pays attention to it and they don't even react to it :|

I've gotten the SFX to come out and canceled it once though, can't recreate it however.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I do the same thing but cancel it with a shield input to bait a spotdodge or shield sometimes. Good recommendation for those who don't though. :3

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
doesn't have to be floated for you to be able to do this.

its just better if it is.

Top Bottom