• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Aerial Side B

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
I noticed you can reverse the auraspheres on lucario. Can you do the same for the aerial force palm?

For example, you are recovering on to the stage, and your opponent jumps up to you to edge guard, can you grab them with a side b but then reverse it so that if you super charge the side b they get sent flying down off the stage at an angle?

I'm not sure if this is possible or even has ever been done, but if so can you tell me the button inputs so i can do this? I done it a bunch of times non-reversed but it just throws the enemy back onto the stage.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
It is indeed possible to reverse Force Palm. In fact, it can be Reversed (or reverseB'd, as I sometimes refer to it), BReversed, and Wavebounced, giving it a pretty diverse set of movement options. I, for example, wavebounce FP in attempts to punish high recoveries while edgeguarding in a manner that won't put me well and away offstage.

To do these with a sideB: (Facing and moving right on all examples, for consistency sake. Directional inputs align with facing, and thus be mirrored of this if facing left.)
• Normal: (In Air) ->B. Lucario ends moving right, facing right.
• Reverse: (In Air) <-B. Lucario ends moving right, facing left.
• BReverse: (In Air/Ground) ->B + <-. Lucario ends moving left, facing left. [Note: The timing on this takes a bit to get down, as the window for the reverse input (<-) is... I think three frames. Honestly, it will probably feel like ->B<-, the input will be so fast.]
• Wavebounce: (In Air) <- + [<-]B + ->. Lucario ends moving left, facing right. [Note: More sharp timing. Second left input shown here can be compressed into the first left input due to inputs required to perform sideB. Wavebounce = Reversed BReverse.]

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Note that Force Palm is reversed before the grab occurs, so in that scenario, you'd drop jump [forward onto the stage], then reverse FP as you begin to cross through your opponent, and, assuming you are still in the air, you can indeed throw your opponent down off the stage, assuming the two of you are close enough. Sadly, you are unable to reverse after the grab.

Top Bottom