• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina's Stage Picks/Bans/Counter-Picks

What stages do you pick when given the opportunity?

• Total voters

Kannon

Smash Rookie
So at a recent tournament, both of my go to starter stages (Dreamland and Battlefield) got banned, I then proceeded to lose on town and city. Again, both my stages were banned and I didn't want to risk T&C again, I took him to Lylat and got bodied by the stage twice. I want to ask what you think rosalina's 3 best stages are and what I should ban when given the opportunity.
TL;DR: Pick rosa's best 3 stages and 2 to always ban.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What character were you playing against?

I like Battlefield/Dreamland/Town & City. I'm fine with Smashville with most characters and I typically avoid Duck Hunt/FD/Lylat. I do occasionally pick Duck Hunt against a character like Luigi.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Like: Battlefield, Dream Land, Town & City, Halberd, sometimes Delfino.

Dislike: Final Destination. Not quite sure what other stages are bad (or just "less good") for her. I always ban Smashville because I'm sick to death of it, but that's personal preference.

Kannon

Smash Rookie
I get why the majority of people ban Lylat, but why is banning FD such a popular choice. The lack of platforms for an easy kill off the top?

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I get why the majority of people ban Lylat, but why is banning FD such a popular choice. The lack of platforms for an easy kill off the top?
Personally, I find that more rush down characters choose FD. Rush down characters, by their nature are designed to break through zoning. Not having platforms to mix up defense/offensive options takes away from what Rosalina can do. Platforms bolster her up air combos. I also play Falcon and ZSS. I love playing on FD with those characters.

Royug

Smash Cadet
Rosalina benefits from stages with a low ceiling, so Town & City and Dream Land are obviously good choices. She also benefits from platforms to a certain extent, but I believe some charaters benefit more from them than she does. That's why against certain characters, like Bowser and Pikachu, if I have to choose between Battflefield and Final Destination, I will prefer FD.

Easzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Easzy1
3DS FC
0361-8666-7175
I like to play on Town and City or Dreamland because of the low ceiling. Be careful against chars which profit from the low ceiling as well cuz Rosalina is usually easier to kill cuz shes a lightweight. Against chars like Pika or Sheik with dumb fair strings I ban Smashville to pretend jankkills and early luma kills.

Battlefield is also nice to play because you gain more landing options and for me its sometimes hard to find a save landing. Another thing is that you can act with more pressure if the opponent lands on platforms because of the lovely upair.

Theres no perfect stage for Rosalina. You always have to keep in mind that the stage you choose has to fit with MU youre facing. But I think TAC and sometimes FD is a good choice for the cosmic queen

ZekeWolfe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZekeWolfe
3DS FC
2664-2217-5459
For me it generally depends on what kind of character I'm playing against. As Zonderion said above...
Personally, I find that more rush down characters choose FD. Rush down characters, by their nature are designed to break through zoning. Not having platforms to mix up defense/offensive options takes away from what Rosalina can do. Platforms bolster her up air combos.
Meaning if I'm fighting say Fox, for example, I prefer to take the character somewhere such as Dream Land or Battlefield. Non-Zone Breakers I generally take to whatever is available after bans with preference being Town & City for that low ceiling and platform use.

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
I personally favour battlefield, dreamland and town & city due to the wide space, giving me a bit more time to adapt, and allowing me to react better to approaches. I think Rosa absolutely loves platforms and the low ceilings on T&C and Dreamland benefit us due to our ridiculous up air.
However I dislike FD, due to no platforms to help us land, we can get juggled SUPER hard and Lylat due to the jank.
Although I would almost never go against Sheik on Smashville, Fairs for DAYS... although the platform can really help when Luma's gone.

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
I fought a pretty good Cloud player in a local tourney recently, and found that I have basically no way to contest him charging limit on the moving platform in Smashville. (when it's on the far right or left side) I use this game to represent my dislike of Smashville because I can't seem to effectively pressure opponents that use the platform to charge anything. Sometimes I used the platform there to stall for Luma (and it saves him sometimes as well) but, against characters with good shield pressure options, that can be a risky tactic.

So I typically try and ban Smashville, Final Destination, or Duck Hunt although if I'm feeling confident with my stage control I'll go to FD. I really don't like DH due to how wide it is and how the blast zones are, but then again, I try to adapt and use them to my advantage.

Battlefield, Dream Land, and especially Town & City are great for no specific reasons besides they feel good to play on; I suppose I've had the most success on these three stages.

Lylat Cruise is one of my favorite stages because the ledge and stage tilt don't bother me that much. At the very least it bothers my opponent more than it does me xD. The platforms do offer some landing options and aid in controlling the stage. As for other stages, I like Halberd due to the low ceiling, dislike Delfino due to my personal dislike for the some of the transformations, and dislike Umbra for distracting background.

Anyways, I would pick Battlefield, Dream Land, or Town & City.

Neutral to Lylat and Final Destination.

Ban Smashville and Duck Hunt.

It's also wise to keep player and character preferences in mind while choosing stages as well.

Royug

Smash Cadet
I fought a pretty good Cloud player in a local tourney recently, and found that I have basically no way to contest him charging limit on the moving platform in Smashville. (when it's on the far right or left side) I use this game to represent my dislike of Smashville because I can't seem to effectively pressure opponents that use the platform to charge anything.
Just jump and send Luma at him and attack with starbits and jabs to pressure him without having to commit and attack yourself. This way he should stop charging his LB and come back on the stage, or attack Luma but then you can quickly punish him while he does that (with a RAR B-air or an U-air from under the platform).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can't counterpick Rosa, she excels on every stage. Kappa
Honestly, pretty much this.

I mean the most you can stretch is FD, but she can still KO just as early there. It's just a bit trickier.

FD is her only real "counterpick" by virtue of the fact it gives her slightly less silly things that she can do. On the other hand though, the same can be said about the other characters, only to a greater extent.

I pretty much don't care what legal stage I'm on as Rosalina.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I love Battlefield, T&C, and Dreamland.
Smashville, Lylat, and Duck Hunt are all decent stages. ...I actually just love the stage Duck Hunt for some reason; Just how weird it is for some characters. Samus, Kirby, MK, any character with a good option OOS that kills off the top. Cheese.

Dreamland

FD is the worst stage for Rosa imo, Uair strings are harder & you can't mix up landing like you could on other stages, which is a decent setback, especially if you don't have Luma for those Lunar landings.

Also I think I may have just realized that MK vs. Rosa on Duck Hunt sounds disgusting. Maybe I can ask the MK boards for Kill percents with Uthrow on the Tree. Kirby probably kills even earlier but that MU isn't really "bad."

Top Bottom