• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I never argued that Wolf WAS a clone. Just that was what I assumed was the thought process in why Krystal was better; that Wolf would just be another Fox.

But as for Toon Link, I didn't list him due to the concept of him just being "Young Link" being the main proposed idea from my understanding.

But if what you say is true, in that Wolf and Olimar actually were heavily requested characters, then I stand corrected on that issue.

Just out of curiosity since you know more about Japanese speculation, do you happen to know where people stand on a Kid Icarus character?
I'm only asking this because characters that are similar to others seem to be not as disliked there (such as Toon Link), and I was wondering if this applied to Dark Pit as well. Why I ask is because Dark Pit has shown to be relatively popular as a KI character, even beating out Palutena in a magazine poll that Sakurai posted on his Twitter.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity since you know more about Japanese speculation, do you happen to know where people stand on a Kid Icarus character?
I'm only asking this because characters that are similar to others seem to be not as disliked there (such as Toon Link), and I was wondering if this applied to Dark Pit as well. Why I ask is because Dark Pit has shown to be relatively popular as a KI character, even beating out Palutena in a magazine poll that Sakurai posted on his Twitter.
Its Palutena all the way there. The expectation is that Dark Pit is going to be a pallette-swap again for Pit. Palutena is the only Kid Icarus character there that is being heavily requested.

D

Deleted member

Interesting. So there isn't a repeat of the Toon Link debacle.

Don't mean to further bother you, but from what you have seen, what are the most requested characters for each represented series, and how would you compare them?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Interesting. So there isn't a repeat of the Toon Link debacle.

Don't mean to further bother you, but from what you have seen, what are the most requested characters for each represented series, and how would you compare them?
Mario: Surprisingly, there is little demand for a Mario newcomer. Requests come up for nearly every Mario character, but each one of them does not have much requests.

Donkey Kong: K. Rool is amongst the most requested newcomers outside the cut Melee duo. Dixie Kong is also highly requested.

The Legend of Zelda: Its Ghirahim. After that its Toon Zelda. Tingle rarely comes up. Its important to note that Skyward Sword was by far the lowest selling 3D Zelda in Japan.

Metroid: Metroid requests rarely come up. However, I have seen posts mentioning Ridley's "overseas popularity".

Yoshi: Yoshi requests never come up.

Kirby: Waddle Dee (Bandanna). Before Return to Dream Land's release, it seemed that Gooey was the choice in regards to a fourth playable Kirby character.

Star Fox: Requests are uncommon, but when they do come up its usually Krystal, Leon, or Slippy. None of these characters have a notable amount of request volume.

Pokemon: Mewtwo is one of the two most requested characters. After him, its probably Zoroark for this series. Zoroark is definitely one of the names that comes up a lot, but how much of this is "expected" versus actually "wanted" is hard to determine. Requests also come up for B/W Trainer, Victini, and most recently Genesect. Genesect has a lot of potential to grow, imo.

F-Zero: I have been noticing much less requests lately for this series. However, usually its either Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh, with the edge definitely belonging to Black Shadow.

Mother: Requests are uncommon, but when it does happen I usually see Kumatora.

Fire Emblem: Roy is one of the two most requested characters. After him, its Chrom for this series. Chrom is definitely one of the names that comes up a lot, but how much of this is "expected" versus actually "wanted" is hard to determine. A distant third is Lucina, who recently has taken up the mantle as the most wanted female Fire Emblem newcomer (that tiara last belonged to Micaiah over there). However, there is a debate amongst Lucina supporters whether her place would be better as a costume of Marth or a stand-alone character.

Kid Icarus: Palutena is the only character of this series that gets a large amount of requests. However, Palutena is definitely amongst the most wanted characters outside the cut Melee duo.

Pikmin: Pikmin requests never happen.

Wario: Wario requests never happen.

Retro: Retro requests are surprisingly uncommon. However, when it does happen its usually Takamaru.

Other: Shulk gets quite a lot of requests. Shulk is easily the most requested Nintendo character from a series not represented yet with a playable character in Smash Bros. A distant second would be Starfy.

Third-party: Mega Man is by far the most requested third-party character, and the only one that comes up a lot. Mega Man is definitely amonst the most wanted characters outside the cut Melee duo. Aside from Mega Man, there is a lot of arguing and flame wars in regards to Namco. There is arguing not about whether a Namco character should even be added, but amongst those who think one should be added there is no consensus. There are flame wars about which Tekken and Tales of character would be best for Smash Bros.

Here is a basic tier list amongst the characters that tend to get the most requests:

S:
Mewtwo
Roy

A:
Mega Man
K. Rool
Palutena

B:
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Zoroark
Waddle Dee
Shulk

After that there is a large dropoff, and its quite difficult to group. However, most of the character requests are with these characters.

Also, its important noting that Toad is very popular in Japan, though this does not translate to Smash Bros. requests since these is a deep pessimism that his permanent role in the Smash Bros. series is as Peach's special. If such pessimism did not exist, Toad would definitely be amongst the most wanted newcomers for Smash 4 in Japan (possibly in the A-tier).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^I don't know if you found the same thing Chrono, but when I was looking through sites, I also saw quite a lot of Japanese support for Shulk, probably enough to put him in at least the B Tier.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
^I don't know if you found the same thing Chrono, but when I was looking through sites, I also saw quite a lot of Japanese support for Shulk, probably enough to put him in at least the B Tier.
Forgot about Shulk (and other series in general). He would definitely be the last character to throw in B-tier though. No other "new series" characters get a lot of requests. Starfy gets a decent amount though.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Forgot about Shulk (and other series in general). He would definitely be the last character to throw in B-tier though. No other "new series" characters get a lot of requests. Starfy gets a decent amount though.
To be honest, I'm surprised that japanese didn't even raise the voices to request Medusa to be in the game. Are you aware of anyone requesting for Golden Sun or is the series dead in Japan?

I know Western really want Ridley and Little Mac to be in SSB4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To be honest, I'm surprised that japanese didn't even raise the voices to request Medusa to be in the game. Are you aware of anyone requesting for Golden Sun or is the series dead in Japan?

I know Western really want Ridley and Little Mac to be in SSB4.
There are storyline reasons why Medusa is not widely requested anymore anywhere.

As for Golden Sun, I see barely anyone requesting characters from that series in Japan. However, during pre-Brawl there were a lot of requests for Isaac (his Japanese name is Robin). I wonder why his support basically evaporated in Japan, while he still has a large fanbase in the West. Perhaps they all jumped ship to Shulk?

yani

Smash Lord
Its "off the record" due to the fact that Playstation All-Star's development team has NDAs in regards to their negotiations for third-party characters. Someone asked Seth Killian whether they ever approached Square-Enix to include one of their characters and they pretty much said they can't discuss whether they did due to NDAs. However, there was supposedly someone lower on the chain that pretty much admitted Square-Enix is difficult to work with.

Heck, both Capcom and Konami wanted characters in that would promote their upcoming games than more "classic" characters. DmC Dante was the one that got in (and Capcom would not even allow a "classic" Dante costume) and Raiden was allowed over Snake (most likely due to the upcoming Metal Gear Rising).

If Capcom is this pushy in regards to third-party characters, then it could prove to be quite the obstacle for Mega Man. However, Mega Man is still by far the most likely third-party newcomer.

I'm really curious what is going to happen with third-party characters this time though, especially considering that a major third-party company is developing Smash 4. As I mentioned earlier, I think Namco is going to approach Sakurai about the inclusion of several of their characters, and it will be up to Sakurai from that point. I don't think any of Namco's characters are particularly attractive for Smash Bros.
Ah okay thanks for that. My guess for Sony being a pushover with the third parties would be because they need them way more than Nintendo does (Nintendo doesn't really need them). I wonder if they'll do third party characters for DLC, since Crash and Spyro are pretty much the most wanted characters in that game.

In regards to Smash4 third parties, all I want is for Sonic to return. I don't care too much for Snake, but no cuts is always a good thing. Most say "just because Namco is developing Smash doesn't mean they're guaranteed to get a character". While that is true, I definitely see a Namco character happening. The only character I'd care to see from Namco would be Pacman, and even he doesn't generate much of a buzz these days.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
There are storyline reasons why Medusa is not widely requested anymore anywhere.

As for Golden Sun, I see barely anyone requesting characters from that series in Japan. However, during pre-Brawl there were a lot of requests for Isaac (his Japanese name is Robin). I wonder why his support basically evaporated in Japan, while he still has a large fanbase in the West. Perhaps they all jumped ship to Shulk?
maybe. and probably a mixture of other things like that the newest Golden Sun wasn't nearly as good as the previous 2. not doing as well in sales and not greatly well received by it's fans. Hell Isaac isn't even the main character anymore.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, another Chronobound Japan Speculation update...excellent.

Huh. A lot has changed over there in the past year and a half, it seems. I pretty much expected that. Interesting to see Bandanna Dee there, and Starfy being apparently the second most wanted new series. That's pleasant for me to see.

Of course, Little Mac and Ridley retain their mainly Western popularity.

All in all, it's nice to have an updated analysis.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
1. Probably for similar reasons as Toad; they think once the character is regulated as an item it's not worth bothering with.
2. Golden Sun has a whole became more subdued after the events of Brawl, mainly due to the mediocre reception and sales of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.
3. Shulk in general is currently filling in the gaps at the moment for Issac. Whether history will repeat is another question, though in the case of Shulk it won't
4. Golden Sun in general has sold better in western territories, hence why popularity of the series is still hanging around in the west while it has died down in Japan.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Damnit Japan, why aren't you folks making any noise for Famicom Wars? A game which such a long history and it still doesn't have a represenative..

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun's reception was not mediocre. I don't think you can say a high 70s, while not as good as high 80s, gives the general consensus that the game was mediocre.

yani

Smash Lord
Probably Xenoblade being a better game than The Last Story (both are great, to be fair)

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mario: Surprisingly, there is little demand for a Mario newcomer. Requests come up for nearly every Mario character, but each one of them does not have much requests.

Donkey Kong: K. Rool is amongst the most requested newcomers outside the cut Melee duo. Dixie Kong is also highly requested.

The Legend of Zelda: Its Ghirahim. After that its Toon Zelda. Tingle rarely comes up. Its important to note that Skyward Sword was by far the lowest selling 3D Zelda in Japan.

Metroid: Metroid requests rarely come up. However, I have seen posts mentioning Ridley's "overseas popularity".

Yoshi: Yoshi requests never come up.

Kirby: Waddle Dee (Bandanna). Before Return to Dream Land's release, it seemed that Gooey was the choice in regards to a fourth playable Kirby character.

Star Fox: Requests are uncommon, but when they do come up its usually Krystal, Leon, or Slippy. None of these characters have a notable amount of request volume.

Pokemon: Mewtwo is one of the two most requested characters. After him, its probably Zoroark for this series. Zoroark is definitely one of the names that comes up a lot, but how much of this is "expected" versus actually "wanted" is hard to determine. Requests also come up for B/W Trainer, Victini, and most recently Genesect. Genesect has a lot of potential to grow, imo.

F-Zero: I have been noticing much less requests lately for this series. However, usually its either Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh, with the edge definitely belonging to Black Shadow.

Mother: Requests are uncommon, but when it does happen I usually see Kumatora.

Fire Emblem: Roy is one of the two most requested characters. After him, its Chrom for this series. Chrom is definitely one of the names that comes up a lot, but how much of this is "expected" versus actually "wanted" is hard to determine. A distant third is Lucina, who recently has taken up the mantle as the most wanted female Fire Emblem newcomer (that tiara last belonged to Micaiah over there). However, there is a debate amongst Lucina supporters whether her place would be better as a costume of Marth or a stand-alone character.

Kid Icarus: Palutena is the only character of this series that gets a large amount of requests. However, Palutena is definitely amongst the most wanted characters outside the cut Melee duo.

Pikmin: Pikmin requests never happen.

Wario: Wario requests never happen.

Retro: Retro requests are surprisingly uncommon. However, when it does happen its usually Takamaru.

Other: Shulk gets quite a lot of requests. Shulk is easily the most requested Nintendo character from a series not represented yet with a playable character in Smash Bros. A distant second would be Starfy.

Third-party: Mega Man is by far the most requested third-party character, and the only one that comes up a lot. Mega Man is definitely amonst the most wanted characters outside the cut Melee duo. Aside from Mega Man, there is a lot of arguing and flame wars in regards to Namco. There is arguing not about whether a Namco character should even be added, but amongst those who think one should be added there is no consensus. There are flame wars about which Tekken and Tales of character would be best for Smash Bros.

Here is a basic tier list amongst the characters that tend to get the most requests:

S:
Mewtwo
Roy

A:
Mega Man
K. Rool
Palutena

B:
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Zoroark
Waddle Dee
Shulk

After that there is a large dropoff, and its quite difficult to group. However, most of the character requests are with these characters.

Also, its important noting that Toad is very popular in Japan, though this does not translate to Smash Bros. requests since these is a deep pessimism that his permanent role in the Smash Bros. series is as Peach's special. If such pessimism did not exist, Toad would definitely be amongst the most wanted newcomers for Smash 4 in Japan (possibly in the A-tier).
Outside of Palutena, who I'm just surprised is A Tier, none of this really surprises me. However I would add in the whole Black Shadow voice actor/Black Shadorf with F-Zero. Either way I'll save this for later in the Directory Thread.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I like that tier list of want set up. I can't wait till I get uprising to see what Palutena is all about, and I am so glad to see Shulk is so wanted over there. Surprised about Waddle Dee...
Thanks for your searching Chrono! Your insight is always very interesting!
Too bad about Isaac, if we all gun for him over here maybe Sakurai will listen. If he grabs the most wanted from both sides, everyone will be happy!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hearing Isaac's support being minimal in Japan worries me quite. Will he be passed on again? (-ó^ò-);;;

Shulk seems quite requested indeed. On the other hand I can put my bets on Palutena. I'm pretty happy to hear Starfy seems a distant second to Shulk, seems like I can be more positive about rooting on him this time.

I'm though wondering will Sakurai pass on Palutena thinking "she's a deity". On the other hand Smash Bros was never about logic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not much people seem fond of Golden Sun in Japan? (-ó^ò-);;;

Shulk seems quite requested indeed. On the other hand I can put my bets on Palutena. I'm pretty happy to hear Starfy seems a distant second to Shulk, seems like he might have some role.

I'm though wondering will Sakurai pass on her thinking "she's a deity". On the other hand Smash Bros was never about logic.
I think Sakurai is going to pass on Starfy. He only received one game since Brawl and it was the lowest selling game in the series in Japan. It sold really well when it was brought over internationally though.

Sakurai, from Uprising interviews, seems fond of Palutena as a character. Its merely a matter of whether Sakurai wants to be humble about his own works as to whether Palutena gets in (his humbleness was what kept Meta Knight and King Dedede out of Melee).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think it should be entirely surprising that in the land of thousands of RPGs, a series that hadn't seen a follow-up in seven years then got a lacklustre sequel doesn't have the same popularity it used too, especially since Nintendo (well - Nintendo's subsidiaries) have made some better RPGs this generation.

Honestly I'm surprised Isaac has managed to maintain popularity in the West. And it's not like Japan never discusses Golden Sun, but if Isaac were hypothetically included in SSB4, at this point it would mostly be due to the West. Perhaps it would re-ignite some interest in his series though (in all regions hopefully). Same thing could be said for several of Nintendo's secondary or tertiary series right now though, it's unfortunate to see how many are falling into dormancy. :ohwell:

I doubt Sakurai would pass on Palutena because she's a deity, as long as she meets his criteria (which she does) it seems like eligibility wouldn't be a problem. Especially since someone as OP in canon can turn into Mewtwo in Melee. :rolleyes:
If there was any reason Sakurai would pass on her, I'd guess it'd be because he doesn't want to give KI that much attention (edit: pretty much like what Chrono said), though I don't see that as particularly likely.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Palutena was quite fleshed by him but it's not still his creation, so I don't see why he should start to get all humble on KI-characters. He of course did Uprising but on the other hand it'd be as well the last stand for those characters for years to come (unless, another development team wants to do a new game for the series). So IMO he'd be wasting an opportunity if he kept any new KI-characters out of SSB4's playable spot.

Chrono: Could be like that about Starfy, but I wish for more representation than just mere Starfdeen Assist, two trophies and some stickers. Music from the series and other stuff would be sweet. Lastly I wish the sales wouldn't always determine which characters get in.

Speaking of Starfy, I still think about possible rumors of Starfy being made playable at one point due him appearing as "Fighter Related".
Also I kinda imagine that Squirtle seems like Starfy in means of movement and attacks.Squirtle's Down Tilt also seems like based on High Hat Spin from Starfy 4 (which was similar)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well if it weren't for Sakurai none of the KI characters other than Pit would matter in the slightest (even Pit would just be another retro), so yeah, while characters like Palutena and Medusa aren't technically his creation, no one should argue that he might feel biased about KI and its representation (not a guarantee that he will, but it shouldn't be a surprise if he does). Still, like I said, I don't think it will effect Palutena's chances, even Sakurai should be able to see past his own possible bias to the popularity and potential of the character. Plus now really is the best time to add more KI characters if the series is to potentially slip into another dormancy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Sakurai is going to pass on Starfy. He only received one game since Brawl and it was the lowest selling game in the series in Japan. It sold really well when it was brought over internationally though.
While it is true that only one Starfy game was made since Brawl, the series itself is actually much larger than pretty much all other viable miscellaneous series, minus the Wii Series.

Wii: A ton.
Starfy: 5 main games
Golden Sun: 3 main games
Punch-Out!!- 3 main games with various spin-offs
Xenoblade: 1 main game
Sin and Punishment: 2 main games

I think that's most of them. Tell me if I missed some other important ones that have decent popularity (like with the Wars series, it doesn't seem to get many requests...)

That, and I think the overseas game is more of a help than a hindrance. It gets him more well known.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think it should be entirely surprising that in the land of thousands of RPGs, a series that hadn't seen a follow-up in seven years then got a lacklustre sequel doesn't have the same popularity it used too, especially since Nintendo (well - Nintendo's subsidiaries) have made some better RPGs this generation.

Honestly I'm surprised Isaac has managed to maintain popularity in the West. And it's not like Japan never discusses Golden Sun, but if Isaac were hypothetically included in SSB4, at this point it would mostly be due to the West. Perhaps it would re-ignite some interest in his series though (in all regions hopefully). Same thing could be said for several of Nintendo's secondary or tertiary series right now though, it's unfortunate to see how many are falling into dormancy. :ohwell:
I think you pretty much summed up my thoughts as to why Golden Sun (and Isaac) dropped down the memory hole in Japan.

You also bring up another point how a lot of Nintendo's more minor series have basically disappeared.

Starfy's last game was released in 2008 (2009 internationally).
Custom Robo's last game was released in 2006 (2007 internationally).
F-Zero's last game was released in 2004.
Star Fox's last game was released in 2006 (64 3D was a supped up port).
Yoshi's last game was released in 2006.

The latest installments for Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, and Punch-Out all sold poorly in Japan.

Nintendo really needs to invest in some new IPs. Monolith Soft did some excellent work with Xenoblade, however, I'm beginning to think that the market for JRPGs and traditional RPGs in general, is simply not what it used to be. Even Final Fantasy has dropped off the map this generation. I'm curious whether Camelot will try to make a Golden Sun 4 considering the poor sales of the third one. They really should not have waited so long to make a third one.

D

Deleted member

Sales do not necessarily translate into who is worthy or not. Afterall, Pikmin isn't as great in sales as Animal Crossing, yet Sakurai felt both series were deserving of a character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And don't even get me started Ike's games- I think they were least selling FE's in Japan if I'm correct? Still didn't stop him to make it in Brawl, even if it's due Sakurai not having idea who he'd include as the new FE-rep and went to I.S. to ask. Though why they didn't add Lyn is beyond me.

yani

Smash Lord
Hopefully Yoshi Land U really is coming so Sakurai has more Yoshi content to play with. I'm not really worried about Sakurai being modest with Palutena because she isn't his own creation, she's a huge hit, and the series has been revived. Her inclusion makes sense

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yani: Yoshi's Island U? Are you referring to that Wii U's debug mode's hacking discoveries?

I'd though totally die for a new Yoshi-game. Please BETTER BE TRUE. And dear God make sure Artoon's not doing it. I didn't really like Yoshi's Island DS...

yani

Smash Lord
That's what I'm referring to! There's also "resident_evil" , "metroid", "donkey_kong" , "metal gear solid", "Dragon Quest 10" and "Final Fantasy 3"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It was actually resident_evils, which obviously isn't a typo and clearly means we'll be getting more than one Resident Evil game. :troll:

And FF3, if legit, could either be a remake of the actual FF3, or FF6, as both have gone by FF3 before. Seems like it would be a better fit for 3DS though.

If it had said Kingdom Hearts 3 instead, I just might've died.
:awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It was actually resident_evils, which obviously isn't a typo and clearly means we'll be getting more than one Resident Evil game. :troll:

And FF3, if legit, could either be a remake of the actual FF3, or FF6, as both have gone by FF3 before. Seems like it would be a better fit for 3DS though.

If it had said Kingdom Hearts 3 instead, I just might've died.
:awesome:
FFVI has not been referred to as FF3 since its North American release back in 1994. When it was released for the PlayStation and Game Boy Advance, it was referred to as FFVI.

I think Final Fantasy 3 is probably referring to a Virtual Console game, or perhaps Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
FFVI has not been referred to as FF3 since its North American release back in 1994. When it was released for the PlayStation and Game Boy Advance, it was referred to as FFVI.

I think Final Fantasy 3 is probably referring to a Virtual Console game, or perhaps Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns.
Yeah, it's not likely it's FFVI, but FFIII seems like a fairly random FF to pick out of all of them for first release on the North American Wii U (even if just on Virtual Console) so I was just suggesting the much more famous and iconic game to NA might be a possibility. Plus it's just a rough codename, I doubt any main FF would get released without roman numerals in it's title anyway.

Also, you're right, could be Lightning Returns, but... bleh. :glare::p

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Hopefully Yoshi Land U really is coming so Sakurai has more Yoshi content to play with. I'm not really worried about Sakurai being modest with Palutena because she isn't his own creation, she's a huge hit, and the series has been revived. Her inclusion makes sense
just made my day

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: I don't think that poor sales in Japan necessarily affects a characters chances, especially if they did well internationally (like Starfy and Punch-Out!!).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm really curious what is going to happen with third-party characters this time though, especially considering that a major third-party company is developing Smash 4. As I mentioned earlier, I think Namco is going to approach Sakurai about the inclusion of several of their characters, and it will be up to Sakurai from that point. I don't think any of Namco's characters are particularly attractive for Smash Bros.
Seeing as Namco has said they don't want to put their characters in, I find less likely than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom