• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Changes (?) (Post patch 1.1.3)

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Hey guys. Please put the changes here! Thanks.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Double-edge Dance now connects properly at higher percents, giving Roy a brand new kill option. His uair and dair don't seem to have reduced landing lag however.

Alian d-throw doesn't combo that well and neither does f-throw. Nair for sure hasn't gotten less lag I can promise you that.

So far that's the only notable buff, but it's a very good buff regardless. Now that move actually has a use at higher percents.

Redline!

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zagreus
3DS FC
0430-8347-8382
Double-edge Dance now connects properly at higher percents, giving Roy a brand new kill option. His uair and dair don't seem to have reduced landing lag however.

Alian d-throw doesn't combo that well and neither does f-throw. Nair for sure hasn't gotten less lag I can promise you that.

So far that's the only notable buff, but it's a very good buff regardless. Now that move actually has a use at higher percents.
Do you have any evidence of this?

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Do you have any evidence of this?
Test it for yourself, I'm about to go to sleep for finals but I wouldn't post it without reason. put an opponent at 120% and do all 4 side hits, they don't fall out or move too far away.

It's the only buff I can confirm.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I think that Nair has less landing lag, but for me, D-Throw lost it's combo potential:(
Dthrow has never been a good combo tool. They can literally just about always DI away and jump out of anything from dthrow. Fthrow is objectively superior. If they DI away you get a reaction tech chase. If they DI any other way you get a free follow-up Nair. Dthrow is only good for baiting out airdodges and punishing with fsmash vs unwise opponents.

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596

I cant get DED to combo at any percents that can kill, are u sure of this?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm pretty sure the side special buff applies only to Dancing Blade, not Double-Edge Dance.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah... as far as I know, no one has found any changes. You can check out the full list of patch notes here.

I guess we'll likely to get a balance patch sometime in February with the release of the new DLC fighters + other stuff. I wouldn't mind some buffs/tweaks, especially since it will help Roy keep up with the rest of the cast (at least buff his Dair...), but I do think priority should be for those who desperately need noteworthy buffs... something. Anything. Samus, Jiggs, DHD, etc., are crying in a corner. :(

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Yeah I had placebo, though it was mostly my fault. I was testing it and forgot I posted something about it here. I didn't test it right cause I tried it on a CPU in training, and since they don't DI it technically confirms all 4 hits.

As for buffing I'd like his dair and uair to get less landing lag, make his throws deal more hit-stun, and buff flare blade again. Though tbh Corrin is gonna outshine all of the FE cast from what it seems.

Last edited:

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
February can be the last balance patch. Who knows...

Top Bottom