• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's Down Throw Spike

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I'm sure this has been discovered already. If this is like a double post destroy this.

Anyways I've been playing with Roy, all in all I actually like him. I happened to come across something that may be useful. It works on most singles Competition legal stages, Battlefield being the only stage that when i attempt the spike it always happens. Basically you DG (Dash Grab) off the edge of the stage and down throw. When He throws the opponent he bounces off the side of stage downward, if its not teched, it usually has enough lag time to Kill.
They have to be in the air. best used after a Dtilt'ed recovery. Or simply catching them in there lag after a SHFFL attack.

Yeah may not be super useful but i thought I'd share.:roypm:

SAUS

Smash Ace
Lol I think that counts as useful. Either way, they fall off the edge and you can try for an edge guard, you just get the extra bonus of easy kills with this. The only thing I think that makes it not very useful is that you'd have to be in the rights spot for the grab. I wonder if it works with marth.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Yeah pretty much, it also makes them turn backwards, so if they dont flat out die and they straight up B, (excluding a few chars) they won't grab the ledge, simply because they are facing the wrong way.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
Can someone confirm this, I tried it a couple of times with floaty and fastfalling characters and couldn't make it work.
A vid would be even better :3

Or is this Project M talk right here?

Last edited:
Top Bottom