• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's side b in turbo mode?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Is it possible to use an entire combo of Roy's side b,if so what is the timing for it?

EDIT:So I tried using it and the only time I can get it to work is in slow motion apparently you need to wait for the end of one attack to use another,if you press to early you will do a different attack because of turbo.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
yeah I figured it was useable, just like in melee, whenever you miss the timing of it, you only get to do two or three swings.

Personally, three swings is as far as I ever go with it

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I can not get to three barely two and I can't get second hit upwards...

I want to get to four hits just to have more options and I like the backwards stab.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
If you want to get all four hits on someone, the best directions are as follows: >, v, ^, >. You can replace the last one with whatever ending hit you want to use. If the third hit's input is up, it won't actually hit the guy upward, it will keep him in place, which is nice if you want to hit him with the insane forward directional forth hit. If the thirds hit's input is forward, then it's going to knock the guy to far from you to use any of the ending hits. You can also do the downward last hit (the one where he shoves his sword downward and bursts into flames for a moment) on the third hit, making it so you don't have to go through the entire chain to get to it. And, of course, there is the backward directional last hit that hits the guy if he roles behind you.

Hope this was helpful. :happysheep:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
That moment when you realize that the people were talking about timing of the move in turbo mode, not the move itself.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
That moment when you realize that the people were talking about timing of the move in turbo mode, not the move itself.
That is what I meant lol it is hard to do in turbo mode...same goes for Link and Snake's multi-hit forward smash.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice

lol, yeah, I know how ya feel. Don't worry though, this is still solid advice for the move in general.

Top Bottom