• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu Gameplay Footage on FD/Omega Version of Street Fighter Stage

smash.hype

Smash Rookie
Someone posted this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcPmt1sAkg8
Interestingly/sadly, his up B Dragon Punch doesn't seems to go as far in the air than from the ground... like Little Mac. But, his jump height seems alright.
His down B Focus Attack has super armor probably as its charging, but what is the effect it has on the opponent? Doesn't look familiar to me...

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Someone posted this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcPmt1sAkg8
Interestingly/sadly, his up B Dragon Punch doesn't seems to go as far in the air than from the ground... like Little Mac. But, his jump height seems alright.
His down B Focus Attack has super armor probably as its charging, but what is the effect it has on the opponent? Doesn't look familiar to me...
Ryu's Focus Attack gives a crumple state after hitting an opponent with it.

Basically where they fall to the ground and they are open to attack from you.

smash.hype

Smash Rookie
Is that what happens in Street Fighter? Sorry I've never played any of those games...

What I meant was that has anything like that been seen in Smash before?

smash.hype

Smash Rookie
His aerial moves kinda seem like Mac's... getting scared he's gonna end up being like that. Tiny range + at 1:24 it looks almost exactly like Mac's nair.
At 1:31 his up B in the air seems to be about the height of 3-4 Luigis... not looking too good

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
From the video it seems that Ryu's final smash is very underwhelming damage-wise, but has decent speed, which can help land a hit on a target. I think this plays into the character's origins in that the Shinku Hadouken doesn't insta-kill an opponent.

One thing I want to test out when he gets released is how much end lag he has. In his victory video, he seems to go into a Side-B immediately after a down tilt.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
From the video it seems that Ryu's final smash is very underwhelming damage-wise, but has decent speed, which can help land a hit on a target. I think this plays into the character's origins in that the Shinku Hadouken doesn't insta-kill an opponent.

One thing I want to test out when he gets released is how much end lag he has. In his victory video, he seems to go into a Side-B immediately after a down tilt.
You can cancel down tilt into a special move like in Street Fighter.

Top Bottom