• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Aran, Reborn for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I used to play melee all the time and i always liked using Samus and blowing people away with my blaster and the super missile, so when i got SSBB i was excited because i thought, "It's an all new console with better graphics and there has been new Metroid games, she is going to kick *ss". Wow I was disappointed. She got downgraded almost all the way to the bottom of the 35 character ladder. I'll admit, her screw attack and morph bombs are better now, her blaster and missiles are now terrible. Her grapple range was cut down, and they downgraded standard A combos. Almost everything is worse about her. In a 5 stock match in SSBM with my two bros. and a level 9 CPU, i used to get at least 5-8 kills. Now, with the newer over powered characters, i get a lot more kills from the final smash than actually hitting them. Lighter and weaker Zero Suit is almost 20 ranks higher on tiers.

So for the newest Smash, Samus needs a overhaul. Keep most of the same moves, but toss most of the old brawl stats. In melee, even though she wasnt the best, she was good, but in brawl, she is the metaphorical equal of a Magikarp. She needs to have her blaster and missiles repowered to make her an actual long range threat. Her grapple lasso should be about 50% longer, to counter-act her relatively weak throws. Also, she is in a Power Suit built by the technologically superior Chozo, she should be able to punch an enemy more than a foot. That also means she should be heavier, and wont be able to get K/Oed because she floats down to an enemy.
So basically, improve her weapons and stats to counter the newer characters coming in.

But the Morph Ball, that needs to change completely. In no Metroid game do you enter Ball form, drop a bomb, and then become normal. You would enter, and then stay in ball form. You could roll around, drop bombs of course, but also be able to use the Boost Ball and even the Hyper Ball from Prime 3. The Boost Ball would be a one or two second charge, before a high speed roll that would damage enemies and still go through them, similar to Lucas's PK Thunder. On the ground, as its charging you could go up diagonally at about a 35 degree angle, and in the air, you could go steeply down or slightly up.
There would be no grapples or shields, and the only B moves would be bombs you are in Hyper Ball. You could still jump and double jump, and you would be able to launch straight into a Screw Attack from Ball form. Using your Boost Ball over an edge would not make you immobile, but you would have a faster falling speed than normal Samus.

Also, Zero Suit and normal Samus would be their own separate characters. While it was a good idea to be able to use both through smash balls, but sometimes i just want to use one of them, but i am forced to change to keep the smash ball from others. So Samus would still use her Zero Laser, but Zero Suit would get her own unique Final Smash.

So any advice or criticism would be helpful, but i am a strong supporter of the Metroid series for Super Smash Bros, and i want it to be the best it can be.:samus:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom