• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' Morph Ball

The0n3

Smash Rookie
I had a dream about this last week... It goes about something like this...

I somehow managed to end up with a copy of the Brawl demo in the mail. I immediately inserted the disk, plugged in my gcn controller, and started playing. Instinctively, I chose Samus and began playing. Everything was going smooth until I pressed B-down...
Samus rolled up up and became the Morph Ball! I was so shocked! I played around with the controls:

A) Using any A attack or pressing the button will revert you to Samus
L/R) You cannot shield nor dodge in any way
X/Y) A spring ball jump with pretty low altitude, about the height of Falco's sh
Pad) The Morph Ball cannot taunt
Cstick) The Morph Ball has no Smash Attacks, but I think I can DI using it since it doesn't unmorph me
Z) Unmorph

B) Bomb: The bomb looks similar to the ones from the prime series. They stay wherever they are placed and won't fall when placed in midair (Hello! double-bomb jump). Up to 3 bombs can be placed at a time. They can be dropped while boosting, but not while it's being charged. They inflict about 4%-2%

B^) Spiderball: It looked like the Morph Ball releases a magnetic field and homes into the floor or wall, whichever is closer. It has the range of YLink's hookshot in melee. You stay attached to the wall for about 2 seconds before dropping. When you get near an edge, you immediately unmorph and grab the ledge. You can use any B move while attached to the wall, however, using the power bomb will cause you to fall. I was unable to hit my enemies with it so I don't know about the damage.

B>) Boostball: Tapping B> will cause the ball to boost a short distance immediately for about 1% damage. Holding B will allow the ball to charge, you can charge the boost while moving (ala metroid prime). Boosting while in midair seems like the primary way for the Morph Ball to recover, coupled with the Spiderball. Using the boost while attached to a wall using the spiderball will cause you to fly off the wall (ala MP:3C). Using this trick reminds me off the classic wall jump. A full charge hits about 10%-8% damage and it's distance is as far as Fox's Illusion.

Bv) Powerbomb: This was so fun to use! Pressing Bv immediately released a burst of light from the Morph Ball. It's explosion looked like a bullet bill explosion (ala Princess Peach's Castle), only with a smaller blast radius. It has pretty much the same properties of the bullet bill's explosion. It drags you in and hits you multiple times. I could hit around 16% with it, maybe more. The knockback is about as strong as Fox's B^. The lag is deadly though, I cannot drop another bomb, boost, or spiderball until it finished exploding. Using the powerbomb to edgeguard is very effective, however. I could jump off the stage, morph, spiderball onto the side of the stage near the edge, drop a powerbomb as my foe gets close enough, and then grab the edge to change back into Samus.

It seems like one of those old "New Character" threads but this was all in a night's dream and I am normally never this creative. This dream was so amazing, now I want a Samus clone just so that she can perform all this since Sakurai obviously wants to keep the orignial Samus. Maybe the clone could be 'Prime Samus' and have the sprite with her in her Echoes suit. Questions, comments, and opinions about this?

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
You have nearly perfectly just described how I've been wishing Samus was forever.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd love to see something like this. I've wished it could be the case since I heard Brawl was coming out. I'd at least like to see Samus' crawl being the morphball. It doesn't look like it's going to happen though.

antimatter

Smash Lord
if they do not do it for samus and sylux makes it in by a miracle, he might use a similar thing to turn into the lockjaw.

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
That's sweet! I can't believe that was a dream and that you remembered all those details. If I dream I only remember bits and pieces, and I never dream about cool stuff like that.

The0n3

Smash Rookie
If it were actually implemented, it would be totally useless.
Why is that? You could have a whole new moveset within Samus...

I think this dream was a result of me hearing about SSBB getting rid of bomb jumping, the sole reason I started using Samus.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
If it were actually implemented, it would be totally useless.
i think it's pretty useful. eg) you have a big stage like FD with a big bottom. since the new grapple system is hooks to the nearest edge allowing it to sweet spot. what if you were too low? the morphball could spider it!

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
It would be useless because you'd be pretty much helpless in mid-air during Morph Ball form. If you get knocked off the ledge, you're pretty much dead, since, from the sound of it, you have nothing but a small double jump, a low-reach super jump, and a slightly tweaked version of Yoshi's Egg Roll at your recovering disposal. Plus, bomb jump aerial recovery would be gone, and the Morph Ball sounds like it would be quite poor in combat.

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
Wowzers O.o.... I wish i could have dreams like this:laugh:. The morph ball is a morph ball. Why shouldn't be a transformation? As for its usefulness... If there was little or no lag on transforming, you could easily morph, dash across the stage via boost, while laying bombs... sorta a lessoned SWD? Also, w/o lag on morphing, hitting the ledge w/ the grapple beam shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Top Bottom