• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

secondary

Uffe

Smash Hero
From what I've seen, Ness mains tend to use the following characters as secondaries or tertiaries.

Falco
King DeDeDe
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Marth
Toon Link
Wario
Yoshi

I suggest not using characters like Falco or Toon Link, though. If you want to learn to space better. Characters that are to space would Jigglypuff, Marth and Wario. Look those characters up and you'll see what I'm talking about. Of course don't let me stop you from using whoever you want.

You should space either way with every character anyway. Some people have said that after using a character like Marth, Jigglypuff or Wario, they found themselves spacing better than they normally would. Anyway, go with whoever you like.

Uffe

Smash Hero
That's fine. I was just bringing characters that are more commonly used by a Ness main.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If you live in NorCal, xoxokev, then I can see why you'd use Diddy Kong.

Low Rider1717

Smash Cadet
go Mk
lolol
but seriously if you're looking for a character that covers Ness's numerous bad match-ups
try Snake :) if not
ya
go MK

my friend that mains Ness uses Falco and Marth for secondaries
try them out? lol

NessBrawler

Smash Cadet
well my backups marth... SO i guess just try him since hes pretty much a direct fighter version of ness. (but still has a nice logn range)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Mine are Kirby and Falcon.... other than that, try out.... lucas... or not.

KIRBY AND FALCON FTW!!!

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
Laaawl, the Ness players seconding Falcon. Some people just love low tier <333 Gotta admit that the Captain's a badass though.

Anyways, in addition to Ness I play Marth, simply because he's always been my secondary. Also fun to counter-pick with him if my Ness isn't up to the task in a match. I play Kirby and Pit fairly proficiently as well.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Laaawl, the Ness players seconding Falcon. Some people just love low tier <333 Gotta admit that the Captain's a badass though.

Anyways, in addition to Ness I play Marth, simply because he's always been my secondary. Also fun to counter-pick with him if my Ness isn't up to the task in a match. I play Kirby and Pit fairly proficiently as well.
Cool! I use Ness, Kirby, Wario and Marf. :)

Also, your avatar with Ness in his bed looks cozy, PsychoNess.

Uffe

Smash Hero
But my brother has Pit as a secondary. I don't really like using characters he uses.

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
If you want someone like Ness with strong aerials and great specials' mindgames . . . yeah, go Wario. I personally find that I do best with Marth, though. I am probably as good with him as I am with Ness and I play him about half as much. I will put in a plug for my boy, er . . . gorilla DK.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
aerials? what bout kirbz? nobody likes him, yet hes my secondary, and he is the throw/aerial/smash/tilt monster.

i can't get used to marth... or wario. they're too wierd.

Uffe

Smash Hero
aerials? what bout kirbz? nobody likes him, yet hes my secondary, and he is the throw/aerial/smash/tilt monster.

i can't get used to marth... or wario. they're too wierd.
I brought up Kirby, though. Wario's aerial game was just too good to let go. I need to really learn how to fast fall with Marth.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Ness' bad match ups:

-Marth
-Snake
-MK
-Wario
-Toon Link
-King Dedede

So, a good secondary would probably be Falco. Just my opinion, I don't really have a secondary. I play a lot of characters.

Top Bottom