• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Self Analyzing a Peach Main

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Link to original post: [drupal=601]Self Analyzing a Peach Main[/drupal]

I've had this game for six months now; these six months included the drop of Olimar and Ness for Peach, two casual school tournaments, one serious "eviction from tiny pond" tournament, and plenty of time on the SWF.

I think it's time to take a step back, and look at how my Peach is coming along. Let's see here...

*inserts a VHS from a stack into TV*

I need to use this "dtilt" thing
Peach crouches, hesitates for a sec, then sweeps the floor before her.

I never seem to use this move.

I think my problem is that I think it has too much startup time, and so I only use it when I tell my self "Hey, you haven't used the dtilt yet." But it has some pretty good effects - it launches foes upward like a spike (the audience cheers when I land it), it's an ACTUAL spike on ledges with the hitbox on the hand, and heh, it's a good mixup move.

Overall, I definitely need to incorporate it more, especially against the larger characters as a shield poke, and ESPECIALLY against Snake who I need to be in the air a majority of the time.

"You can throw the turnips normally Meno"
Yes, yes, I know - I just forget. See, I'm one of the few Peaches using the Turnip Free Pull, which allows me retreat or go forward AS I pull a turnip. It's awesome for spacing and such, but I use it, along with the glidetoss, EVERYTIME I pull one.

Tone it down. Pull one, and throw it, standing still. AND DON'T GLIDETOSS IT. Learn that characters like Game & Watch and Snake punish glidetossing easily.

Just, just, stop fidgeting and be patient Meno.

I need to press A when I get a grab
I completly miss on this one. My almost instant reaction anytime I get a grab is to press down and go for the utilt, or bair combo. I should really just relax and give 'em a good stomping.

Toning down on the Peach Bomber
HUP CHAA!! Oh, how I love it. But, it's much to laggy, I get punished for it almost all the time, and it never kills. I need to stop pressing in that direction.

Peach's slaps are most likely her best moves
They are. Fast, cute damage, nice knockback, her safest and probably her best punisher, these things are awesome and I use them very little.

These need to spammed. Like, a lot.

Edgeguard more efficiently
Peach has been called the best edgehogger in the game - I don't know how to do it. I get scared and just turnip. I need to take more risks. I need to float our for that final nair, zdrop to fastfall sweetspot, fair if I'm getting cocky, whatever. Just DO IT. It'll pay off in tournaments later.

---

Overall, maybe I just need to slow down. Focus on more on reactions my opponents present, and attack from there. I think I'll record my TV sometime soon.

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=601]Self Analyzing a Peach Main[/drupal]

I need to press A when I get a grab
I completly miss on this one. My almost instant reaction anytime I get a grab is to press down and go for the utilt, or bair combo. I should really just relax and give 'em a good stomping.

Edgeguard more efficiently
Peach has been called the best edgehogger in the game - I don't know how to do it. I get scared and just turnip. I need to take more risks. I need to float our for that final nair, zdrop to fastfall sweetspot, fair if I'm getting cocky, whatever. Just DO IT. It'll pay off in tournaments later.
hey^^ i got these 2 problems aswell ... im currently working on it ...but im still too frightend to jump off the edge xD
and i also press in a direction too fast after a grab -.-
but thats a problem i got with all of my chars

Top Bottom