• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

serious inquiry about zelda on teams

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
First of all, I main Ganon and I play with sheik as my team mate.

I suck with sheik, about as much as anybody who doesn't play sheik can suck (which means I have a pretty good sheik) the point is, at bigger levels where people can manuever freely I have trouble, really only against falco.

so, I've been fighting alot of peach falco teams, and that is the only team that really beats us. I like to go ganon against peach in teams because it's usually a quick way to kill peach and she won't hold stock for the team.

I want an alternate that doesn't get ***** by falco and still has extremely strong aerial attacks.

is it a good idea to use zelda as an alternate in this fight, or should I go sheik? how can I use zelda to gimp peach? what are the top 3 things I need to know about using zelda in teams, and finally, is it a good idea to switch to sheik if zelda isn't working out.

I would really only do this at dreamland keep in mind.

ok, hopefully some one can help me out, thanks

darkatma

Smash Hero
I'll probably be testing out zelda in teams sometime this weekend, not exactly sure how she fares

so..
1)depends on what your partner plays. You'd probably need a quick partner i.e. a fox to team with you against falco/peach,
2)You really have to be precise in teams... it's hard to play zelda in teams unless you have superb timing for the fairs and bairs. The advantages are: it's easier to get a good hit in with zelda in teams (fsmash, dsmash, fair, bair), you have good recovery, and each hit really counts for a lot with zelda
however;
1)zelda dies at low percents unless you have godly DI and/or the opponent doesnt have a good vertical (this should be okay vs peach/falcos)
2)you can't camp and be patient in teams, because at any time you might need to cover for your partner.

Overall zelda is slightly harder to use in teams i think, but she can do well against falco/peach teams... Just make sure you try to gimp the falco, not the peach.

zelda can't really gimp peach. That's why i suggest having a strong spacy partner, or even a pika (if you're going low tier, me and Zfreak go zelda pika for low tier teams) because of the strong vertical kills

I'll come up with stuff this weekend i think

DRGN

Technowizard
Darkatma, you said you might be testing out Zelda in teams this weekend.. By chance are you going to a tournament? Park's in Yoshi Town maybe?

We're two of the very few Zelda players in NorCal. I remember watching your Zelda combo vid a little while back and thinking "Alright, another NorCal Zelda player!" But we've still yet to play each other. What tournaments have you gone to? Did you go to the NCBs when they were still running?

I'm going to SB X this weekend. (But between you and me i'm a little more than skeptical of the venue for this time...) If at all possible or convenient you should try to make it up to some future Sac Biweeklies though.

darkatma

Smash Hero
My bad i never read this :p Iono when i'll be able to make a sac biweekly >< B/c i'm stilla junior in HS, and with azn parents, which means, like Zhu, i don't do much traveling..

I might be going to the NCB this weekend tho :p

DRGN

Technowizard
Did you go to the NCB? I almost went, but my ride made new plans. :(

Hopefully we can still play eachother sometime. If you can make it to a SB or if I can go to a future NCB. What about Modesto? Is that too far from where you live?

As for the actual topic of this thread, my advice is (if you're chosing to fight as Zelda) to have a fast teammate, so to limit combos and break up the overall flow of the battle. Just the threat of speed is power, which will keep the opponents from completely overwhelming you. If your opponents are forced to slow down, you'll have a much better chance of dealing with them. And stay close to your teammate; landing a kick or a powerful blow can be set up much easier if you do it while your opponent is also trying to avoid your partner or if you follow techchases and hits your partner sets up.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Depends on your partner's playstyle. If your partner can get cheap kills, and prefers to do most of the killing, you can sit back and kick snipe. If you can DI really well and avoid getting hit with kill moves, you can last a really long time, allowing for your partner to steal lives. :p

Best partners for Zelda:

Fox, Jigglypuff, Sheik, Falco

Top Bottom