• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SH aerials OoS

The 1%

Smash Rookie
I don't think you really should be in sheild, in the first place. Let me explain. In this metagame, it's all about speed. Since your grab is VERY punishable (like if you're at +75%,against fox or falco, you are DEAD), you should worry about walling in with projectiles. It is a like at evo 2014 armada vs. hbox ( starts at 2:58 if you where wondering) notice he never gets into a situation where he is in shield (or tries to grab), and puffs moves (along with any top tier), don't set-up well for any ariel out of shield (sets up well for wave dash out of shield)(since the lag is minimal). Maybe playing the waiting game is better. Now if it's to throw off the other persons game (like mind games) than go right ahead. I will admit his ariel out of shield ****y. Just an observation. =D

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Oh man this is like the sole reason why I dislike playing tether characters.

The hookshot comes out because you are pressing Shield + A while airboune. Considering y.links jumpsquat is 4 frames long, you basically have those 4 frames to release shield, if you were to do a frame perfect aerial oos. You could hold shield for 5 frames after pressing jump, then release on the 6th and hit A. It is simply making sure you do not hit shield and a on the same frame. Alternatively you could hold shield for as long as you like and use the c-stick, but obviously no nair (c-stick nairing is not exactly easy).

Top Bottom