• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik has KO potential

Micahc

Smash Ace
Famitsu confirmed it, up smash kills at 89%, not sure if it's charged or not. But if it is fully charged, you can use an up-b at 132%. This doesn't take DI into count, and Zelda has FAR better KO moves, but now we know that she can kill if she needs to.

http://www.brawlcentral.com/

Luthien

Smash Ace
Actually, nothing is trully confirmed by the scans. Keep some things in mind:

First and foremost, DI wasn't taken into account. This has been metioned already.
The scan made some mistakes. Brawl Central even says so. Could this be one of them?
Each shot was taken from the MIDDLE of FD. The general strategy with Sheik is to tilt your opponent to the end of the stage and fair them to death. Fair in and of itself isn't all that powerful, but it's her best KOing move. I doubt the scans took this into account.

Lastly, and most importantly: Sheik will ALWAYS be able to kill. As long as her tilts stay the same and she has at least ONE mediocre (in terms of power) move, Sheik can own. It will only be a matter of how much longer she has to tilt to do so.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Actually, nothing is trully confirmed by the scans. Keep some things in mind:

First and foremost, DI wasn't taken into account. This has been metioned already.
The scan made some mistakes. Brawl Central even says so.
It could be, but there's still two other moves that could possible KO.
Could this be one of them?
Each shot was taken from the MIDDLE of FD. The general strategy with Sheik is to tilt your opponent to the end of the stage and fair them to death. Fair in and of itself isn't all that powerful, but it's her best KOing move. I doubt the scans took this into account.
Assuming Up smash still has the same trajectory, it doesn't matter where you are in Final Destination, they're still gonna go up and the ceilings still the same. We just have to see how much DI affects it

But are Zelda's KO moves stronger and faster?
Yeah, Zeldas are stronger, but we don't know about speed yet.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Assuming Up smash still has the same trajectory, it doesn't matter where you are in Final Destination, they're still gonna go up and the ceilings still the same. We just have to see how much DI affects it
Yeah, but how often does Sheik really KO using up smash? Sheik's KO attacks (fair/downsmash) aren't ceiling based, they're horizontal. However, none of the smashes on that list were charged... it might be buffed a lot anyway (comparing with Melee won't really help, we don't know how high the Brawl FD ceiling is).

those scans that I've seen aren't reliable... based on their means of measuring, it obviously favours KO moves that KO off the top of the stage ;)
Up to this point, Sheik is still a KO monster. Zelda's KO attacks, as much as I hate to say it, still won't compare to Sheik's. As a former Sheik main and current Zelda main, I feel melancholy about that.

Top Bottom