• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Chain

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
It's damn near useless and from the looks of this thread it seems the majority is willing to move on and will accept a new side special. The point of this thread is for us to pitch ideas on what we think would be a cool and useful replacement without completely changing the way sheik plays. Keep in mind how her previous chain operated in your ideas. Although it wasn't particularly useful, it still complemented the kit and polished the character overall. I'd love to see what some of you all have in mind for a new side special, even if none of these get added.

My idea was to make sheik's chain more like zss' whip. The side special grounded would be ZSS Fsmash animation which can be angled upwards, downwards or straight ahead. The aerial version would be like Zss' nair and again it could be angled. The attack wouldn't do much damage (like 4 or 5%) but would stun you. The grounded version stuns as much as an uncharged zss dsmash and the aerial version stuns as much as zss' fully charged paralyzer shot. As the whip is reeled into her hand at the end of the attack there is a sweetspot which lasts a short time. If it connects, it stuns them for as long as a fully charged zss dsmash and if sheik doesn't follow up with an attack it sends them in the direction sheik is facing. The sweetspot would do either 6 or 7% and the knockback wouldn't be powerful enough to kill. The move wouldn't be cancel-able so you'd have to be smart about when you use it but if you land it it would guarantee a followup.

I have a few more sheik chain ideas but i want to see how this thread goes first before i share them.

Top Bottom