• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheiks katana as a weapon?

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
well, as i was looking at her update, i realized that she has a sheath for a short katana on her back. could this possibly mean that maybe she utilizes a katana maybe for like one or two attacks? maybe more?...peace

-hiro
That sheath is way too small for it to be a katana. If anything it is for a small dagger, but Id bet most on that it is where all her needles are kept.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's a Kodachi, not a Katana

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It's too short to be a katana, way too short.
It might be a kodachi, but due to length I'd rather say it's a tantō.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
She used a knife in the official artwork where she and Link are surrounded by enemies as well as in the manga.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I was under the same impression as you, skullkidd. I think a lot of cultures view knives as being more violent than swords, as swords in the game basically act like giant thin bats, while a dagger is very much stabby-stabby. I'd think that if Sheik threw it instead of shanked with it, it might seem more acceptable- though that's hardly a throwing dagger. Naw, it's probably just there to emphasize "I'ma ninja." Like C. Falcon's gun "I'ma bounty hunter."

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
The knife is more than likely used for her Dash Attack. In melee she kind of sliced the air with her hands, so using a knife for that would make much more sense.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
That's not a katana, it's a dagger. And I think it's just for show.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
It's most likely for display only, and even if it is a part of an attack it won't be a critical part of her moveset, imo.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I know some weapons are banned from smash, but I only remember guns being mentioned.
Does someone have a link to where they said something about knives/daggers(considering Pit uses them)?

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
that is where she keeps her chain and needles

and why were u lookin down there?

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
that is where she keeps her chain and needles

and why were u lookin down there?
Funny... I'd like to ask you the same thing.:chuckle: I don't think knives are "Smash Appropriate." I think it is just for looks like C.F.'s gun.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
well..it's not a katana...it's a ninjato...a small ninja shortsword lol

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I think that would be a cool, but doubtful addition to her attacks. However, I can see it being maybe her dash attack, a quick upward slice with it maybe.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I think that would be a cool, but doubtful addition to her attacks. However, I can see it being her dash attack, a quick upward slice with it maybe.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
I think that would be a cool, but doubtful addition to her attacks. However, I can see it being her dash attack, a quick upward slice with it maybe.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Sheik won't use a knife. Sakurai really wanted to make Snake use a knife, but feared offending certain people, so Sheik won't either. It's just for display.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
it's a freaking NINJATO ****it!!! not a wakizashi..that would be too long!! ****it..read please

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think that it's for aesthetic purposes only, as it is very dagger-like, and shanking is generally unaccepted in E for Everyone games. Plus it's weird to only have it used for one or two attacks. for more than that, sure, but how many moves can you do with a dagger without stabbing?

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a Kodachi, not a Katana
Correct.

It is indeed a Kodachi. I wonder if it just is just merely for decoration. For example, Captain Falcon has always had a a freaking pistol in his holster, yet he never used it. The Kodachi won't nearly be as great as Captain Falcon's 3-HeadShot Kill Pistol, stolen from Halo 1. I mean, seriously, everyone would start tripping balls as soon as Captain Falcon pulls out his gun.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
darnit..please read this post..before being ignorant and arrogant..this is a ninjato...a ninja sword, wich is like a wakizashi, but straighter and small...and used to be mounted on the ninja';s back like sheik and impa have it (please check impa's official art)

seriously..freaking n00b***s

mad_max

Smash Cadet
darnit..please read this post..before being ignorant and arrogant..this is a ninjato...a ninja sword, wich is like a wakizashi, but straighter and small...and used to be mounted on the ninja';s back like sheik and impa have it (please check impa's official art)

seriously..freaking n00b***s
Dude. Shut up. It's a ****ing pointy thing. Whether it's a sword, a dagger, a wakazashi, a ninjato, or my **** doesn't really matter. That isn't what the thread's about. So quit trying to show off your "ninja" knowledge to make up for your virginity and either say something of value or get the hell out.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
WHY ARE YOU GUYS LOOKIN DOWN THERE?

and again like i said on the first page chains and nedles.

when i first saw the update i didn't nitice it cause i was lookin at her metal tip at the end of her pony tail. i wasn't lookin at her *ss.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
WHY ARE YOU GUYS LOOKIN DOWN THERE?

and again like i said on the first page chains and nedles.

when i first saw the update i didn't nitice it cause i was lookin at her metal tip at the end of her pony tail. i wasn't lookin at her *ss.
I wasn't looking at her ***, I was comparing her original clothes to her new TP ones

and it would be nice if she used it once in a while to slice in her combo or in some of her smashes..or in her areal moves

Top Bottom