• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek's up B fun

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I doubt this will have tons of applicable uses in 1 v 1s but I found out that if you use Shiek's up B on the ground hitting an opponent they go at a predictable angle (around 45 degrees it seems) and you can teleport directly there and hit them back down to the ground at mid to high percentages depending on the character. It seems like a good player would be able to tech this and hit you but maybe mind games or something. I did it to one of my friends and was able to downsmash them before they realized what was going on but he wasn't exactly a good player. In any case mostly just a fun fact.

Captain Moose

Smash Rookie
Yeah when I play melee, most of the Sheiks I play against never used UpB as an offensive move, I love using it as a KO finish after comboing someone in air. Hella Fun, I love seeing the faces of the people who I use it on. =O

And since its been buffed up in brawl, its almost always a KO finish for me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's Up+B has a hitbox when you reappear, but only if you hit someone from the disappear. The disappear KOs, the reappear meteors.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Sheik's Up+B has a hitbox when you reappear, but only if you hit someone from the disappear. The disappear KOs, the reappear meteors.
That sounds exceedingly entertaining to see, but thoroughly useless in a serious match.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I made a mistake, it's got no hitbox on the reappear, but they bounce off of you when you reappear (stupid Havok physics...).

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or does the Vanish have a really strange hitbox? It feels a lot harder to hit with than in Melee.

Captain Moose

Smash Rookie
So theres no Hitbox when you appear ? I've always seen a pretty heavy knock-back when reappearing on or on top of an opponent.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
It sure looks like there's a hitbox when you reappear. Doesn't look like a meteorsmash to me though. Don't really know how to test such things though.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
It sure looks like there's a hitbox when you reappear. Doesn't look like a meteorsmash to me though. Don't really know how to test such things though.

You have to reappear pretty much on top of the person to hit them on the reappear.

While we're talking about vanish: did you know you can still glide in brawl? Not only that but now it's an effective edgeguard. You also carry your running momentum when you glide off the edge.

Captain Moose

Smash Rookie
You have to reappear pretty much on top of the person to hit them on the reappear.

While we're talking about vanish: did you know you can still glide in brawl? Not only that but now it's an effective edgeguard. You also carry your running momentum when you glide off the edge.
Mind giving us a little more detail lol ?

Top Bottom