• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Guide to Pit - By PitX

PitX_Ultima

Smash Rookie
A Short Guide To Pit
--------TABLE OF CONTENTS--------
1. Introduction To Pit
2. Using Pit
3. Basic Moves (A moves)
4. Special Moves (B moves)
5. Credits
(I would deeply appreciate if somebody could help me enlarge this guide. One part I REALLY want to construct is a strategy part where it explains how to, when to, and where to use certain tricks and abilities with Pit.)

Introduction To Pit
Hello everyone. Since I’m maining Pit, and I saw several threads asking for a guide on him, I decided to make a short one (which will be further improved) about him. Let’s see, where to start?

Pit is the captain of Palutena’s Army. He has made two appearances on videogames. NES and Wii: Kid Icarus; and Game Boy: KidIcarus: Of Myths and Monsters. He is an angel, which cannot originally fly, though, he can fly, but for a very short period of time. His weapon is Palutena’s Bow, given to Pit by her. He makes his third appearance here in SSBB. That is all the information I can mention at the time. And remember, this is a SHORT guide…..at least for now.

Using Pit
If you are a real Pit fan, you should already know by now Pit’s main game. DAMAGE. He excels greatly at damaging his opponent so he can then finish him off with one of his few strong moves (f-smash for example). He can separate his bow (which can shoot arrows at different angles) into two small blades. He is probably the game’s best recovery character, thanks to his four jumps, gliding ability, and his up-b (Palutena’s Wings). He is also moderately fast. Though, even if he has all these skills, he fails dramatically in one thing. Raw power. He has only about 2-5 killing moves and all the others are for racking up damage. Here is a list of pros and cons.

Pros: 1. Incredible recovery.
2. Pretty fast.
3. Versatile.
4. Racks up damage at incredible speeds.
5. Great aerial fighter.
6. Fast moves.
7. He is light.
8. Short attack lag time.

Cons: 1. Really weak.
2. He is light.
3. Send flying easily.
4. Not many killing moves.
3. Difficult to handle at first.

This is all I’ve exploited till now. As you can see, his pros are way more than his cons, but his cons weight great importance. If anyone wishes to add any information, contact me and I’ll put it in here.

Basic Moves
Obviously, the title explains what I’ll be showing to you. Right now, I won’t go as far as exact speed and lag time each move has, though. Also, every damage percent is approximate. Anyways, here is the complete list.

Basic Ground Moves

~~Neutral-A: Damage: 4% each hit
Description: Pit slices with one of his blades. For two swings, tap the A button two times, and tap it three times for three swings. The first slice is sliced up; the second one is sliced down; and the third is sliced up as well.

~~Rapid Spin (A+A+A consecutively): Damage: Racks up damage by 2%
Description: The Rapid Spin is the effect of simultaneously pressing the A button. Pit starts whirling his bow at incredible speeds. This attack is hard to land, but if it connects it causes up to 15 damage in a mere second. You can hold the A button and the attack will be done automatically.

~~Side-Tilt: Damage: 12%
Description: Pit stabs with both blades forward. This is a moderately good killing move.

~~Down-Tilt: Damage: 11%
Description: Pit crouches and makes a fast, short stab, causing the enemy to fall or elevate.

~~Up-Tilt: Damage: 17%
Description: Pit stands on one of his blades and kicks up two times. This move is a great option for juggling.

~~Dash-A: Damage: 12%
Description: Pit runs and slices his blades downwards. This move is a great juggler and combo starter.

Aerial Moves

~~Aerial-Neutral: Damage: 1% per hit.
Description: Pit starts whirling his bow, causing multiple hits.

~~Aerial-Front: Damage: 14%
Description: Pit slices with one of his blades forward.

~~Aerial-Back: Damage: 5 to 15%
Description: Pit stabs with one of his blades backwards. This attack delivers more damage when it is used close to the opponent. This is Pit’s first best killing move.

~~Aerial-Upper: Damage: 1 to 2% per hit.
Description: Pit starts whirling his bow upwards. This attack is better executed as a mid juggle combo technique.

~~Aerial-Lower: Damage: 12%
Description: Pit slices with one of his blades downwards.

~~Glide Attack: Damage: About the same damage aerial-front gives.
Description: Pit makes a quick swipe in the direction he is facing. If executed correctly, Pit can make another quick swipe immediately(no lag time) when he lands.

Smash Attacks

~~Side-Smash: Damage: Uncharged-9 each hit.
Charged-13 each hit.
Description: Pit slices with both his blades, first slice down, second slice up. This is Pit’s second best killing move. It is also one of his strongest.

~~Up-Smash: Damage: Uncharged-12%
Charged-18%
Description: Pit slices two times with his blades upwards. This is not a great killing move, but it is a great combo starter and juggling move.

~~Down-Smash: Damage: Uncharged-12%
Charged-18%
Description: Pit slices front downwards, and then slices back downwards. This move serves for juggling as well as protection from both sides.

Throws(Grabs)

~~Forward-Throw: Damage: 10%
Description: Pit grabs the enemy and slices him forward. A great combo starter.

~~Upper-Throw: Damage: 11%
Description: Pit throws the enemy to the air, turns vertical and kicks him higher. A great juggling and combo move

~~Down-Throw: Damage: 6%
Description: Pit yhrows the enemy to the ground, making him bounce to the air. This move is a great juggling and combo move.

Special Moves

Characters have special moves as well. These moves are activated when you use the B button and//or the joystick at the same time. Here are Pit’s special attacks.

~~ (Neutral B) Palutena’s Arrow: Damage: 5% to 11%
Description: This arrow can be shot in many directions. It can be shot each time you jump. This is used as a complement to add damage to close and faraway enemies.

~~ (Side-B) Angel Ring: Damage: No determined damage.
Description: The whirling motion of Pit’s bow makes it so it hits simultaneously. This move racks up lots of damage in incredibly short periods of time. This move is also a great edge-guarder.

~~ (Down-B) Mirror Shield: Damage: None
Description: Can knock back projectiles. Can also protect from physical attacks. Disappears around 15 seconds if used all the time.

~~ (Up-B) Wings of Icarus: Damage: None
Description: Gives Pit the ability to fly for a very short period of time. Can control movement with the joystick.

Credits
I would like to thank the following people for helping this guide be improved with the information they gave:

iron blade-''The Mirror Shield is breakable like Fox/Falco's Reflector if you reflect a projectile back and forth. Also, reeatedly tapping B during Wings of Icarus (up-b) makes him fly faster and longer.''

Demontree-''The glide attack is a quick swipe in the direction he is facing.''

ROCn-''When you say basic ground moves, you mean tilts.''

Copyright@ - Creation of PitX_ Ultima

iron blade

Smash Ace
All I can think of to add is that the mirror shield is breakable like Fox/Falco's reflectors if you reflect a projectile back and forth, and repeatedly tapping B during Wings of Icarus (up B) makes him fly faster.

PitX_Ultima

Smash Rookie
All I can think of to add is that the mirror shield is breakable like Fox/Falco's reflectors if you reflect a projectile back and forth, and repeatedly tapping B during Wings of Icarus (up B) makes him fly faster.
Thanks, I'll add it now.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I believe that the glide attack is a quick swipe in the direction he is facing,.

ROCn

Smash Cadet
i dont get what your difference between your "ground attacks" and your smash attacks ..
like what do you mean by ground attacks. for side A do you just mean like holding the control stick to either side and press A? because if so i think what you mean is a "tilt" or am i mistaken?

Nublet

Smash Rookie
pit's down air isn't a meteor. pit would be godly if that were the case. and i can almost swear the his up-smash is 3, not 2, strikes.

i've been hearing different things about the wings of icarus. ppl say that tapping B makes u go up, not faster. and that tapping it at a certain rhythm would be more effective than tapping it lightning-speed. can someone clear that up?

PitX_Ultima

Smash Rookie
i dont get what your difference between your "ground attacks" and your smash attacks ..
like what do you mean by ground attacks. for side A do you just mean like holding the control stick to either side and press A? because if so i think what you mean is a "tilt" or am i mistaken?
Nope. Your not mistaken at all. I always have a hard time remembering the ''tilt'' action.

MrCharlieBoi

Smash Rookie
yeah I've also heard that pits Dair is not a meteor smash. Havent tried it but yeah heard it so you should check that out again.

ROCn

Smash Cadet
ok cool pitX

and actually im pretty sure it is a meteor..
i mean i dont have the game yet (2 days) but i have seen multiple videos of him meteoring someone with his Dair

EDIT: how do you delete a post?! lol i accidently did a double post and i cant delete it=[[

ROCn

Smash Cadet
ok cool pitX

and actually im pretty sure it is a meteor..
i mean i dont have the game yet (2 days) but i have seen multiple videos of him meteoring someone with his Dair

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
*sigh*

Is someone going to make a GOOD guide or will I have to?

;)

edit/ i'm 90% sure that dair never meteors or anything like that.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol when you said short quide.... i was thinking like 4 5 sections but oh well it was... ifnormative nice job

Top Bottom