• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Samus's Charge Shot have a hitbox while charging?

Xanderr

Smash Rookie
I feel as though Samus's charge shot should have a hitbox while charging, similar to Lucario. I mean, why would a ball of white-hot plasma not be able to hurt you if you run into it? This would increase her effectiveness against run down opponents looking to grab all the time... The bane of my existence...

What are your thoughts?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That would be great. Maybe have a tractor beam, too, maybe a tad stronger than Lucas' PSI Magnet. Imagine pulling a B-reverse on your opponent.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Samus already has an advantage that Lucario and Mewtwo don't in that she charges the giant killer orb in front of her instead of behind her Ryu/Goku style. This would not only make it more effective against dash-grabbers (although I just keep jumping to mix them up instead), but also means you can just release it right into the opponent while they're trapped and it'll hit them. Before the nerf in Ultimate, Smash4 Lucario had to jump cancel up smash to get a guaranteed hit out of an aura charge trap.
I would think they'd have added this back in Brawl if they were ever going to.

Another buff I'd want to see is allowing Samus to at least walk with a charged beam out like she can in her games. I could imagine that would look kind of like Snake being able to move while cooking a grenade. This I could see being OP since it'd be like a DDD Jet hammer that could hit you from full stage.

Top Bottom