• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simplistic online gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I have been thinking about this after sakurai itself said that online gameplay was a possibility but not a reality.

As we all know, the biggest problem that `rogrammers will face in online smash would be the Lag.

I dont know much about what affects the lag in general and what takes more bandwith from the internet connection but i have been thinking in some solutions to make online fights possible.

Well first of all, i think that 4 free for all fights would be maybe too difficult to make as we are talking about 4 different connections or type of connections fighting fast paced and in real time. I would suggest that the online gameplay could be limited to 2 players only.

Another thing i was thinking about, was to have special stages to play online. For example, i think that the flashy stages of Brwal will make connections slower.... so i was thinking about very simplistic stages with no background or a very simple one,,,and with not so much details, to help connectios to prevent lag.
Think about a final destination but with less effects and simple background!.

It would be not that cool, but if we can do this and have a perfect fight, i would think about it.

DarkFr0g

Smash Apprentice
Flashy stages make your internet slower? Odd. No, it's STUPID. Bad, bad idea.
I'm 100% sure it'll work just like SSB and SSBM did online, with no lag.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Another thing i was thinking about, was to have special stages to play online. For example, i think that the flashy stages of Brwal will make connections slower.... so i was thinking about very simplistic stages with no background or a very simple one,,,and with not so much details, to help connectios to prevent lag.
Think about a final destination but with less effects and simple background!.
What this paragraph says doesn't make too much sense to me.

The only stage-related slowdown would be stages that have lots of dynamic elements (I'm picturing Green Greens as an example). But for a stage like Fountain of Dreams, which has a lot of effects that don't impact gameplay (like the reflections and sparkles), each Wii console would calculate them seperately. Sure, you and your opponent may get a slightly different cloud formation in the sky, but does it really matter?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
^^ True, I think that with the net technology today we can get awesome results, but in a game where the FRAME of the hit matters, whether you powershield that laser or he hits you into a zero to death combo, well, I hope that ninty has some tricks up their sleeves, although I am sure they do, they got this far...

And In some games, when there is no host, picking "random" will desynch the players, I hope nintendo sees around this one, that is a really annoiying thing that could happen...

Anyways, I hope you are wrong (no offence) and the amazing capabilities of the internets amazes us again, (Yeah right, but lets at least hope, eh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom