• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sinz Pichu needs your help!

_clinton

Smash Master
Don't ever use Skull bash as an attack

DI: it is your friend, or your enemy.

Ledge guard with Smash + A it goes though everything + most of the time they will not DI away from it, or even think of using the ledge tilt for recovery

You could have air dodged a lot in this match to get to the ledge, Up + B is good for when you need it, you didn't need it that much for this match.

Side step and grab far more often, Pichu's Roll pretty much barly covers Marth's whole reach with his sword and that equals the tip of Marth's Blade a lot and that is bad for Pichu's health.

Thunder Jolt is good for making them come to you, it kind of sucks at letting you come to them.

Does this help any? If not sorry.

I only watched the Marth vs. Pichu match overall you got a lot of good KO's on him, so good job even though you loss.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Not bad for going against the king of the ****. Idk what to say, really. I'm just completely tired, sorry. I'll edit in a little while when I'm feeling like putting forth effort into something...

_clinton

Smash Master
:laugh: :) :chuckle: :grin: :cool: I just watch that bowser match, yes it was Hilarious (VERY FUNNY)

:018: check out the pretty bird!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
did you like the bowser ditto?... thing.
Yea, I guess I need to watch some pichu vids, thought I could do it without but I guess I must.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
hahahaha

'all pichu's moves go below the stage'

too good :p

Btw, lightshield hogging against Marth ftw. I saw so many opportunities you could've gone for it. So good.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am gonna be taping more with the tips put into my gameplay later. So be happy!(And another boozer ditto on lightning.)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Don't underestimate the Skullbash as an attack. Whenever I go to a tournement/smashfest I always get a few people with a full-charged Skullbash.
Also, it can be platform canceled ;^)

_clinton

Smash Master
In Free for all's is when a lot of attacks become very useful, but In ONE on ONE how would you get someone with a "full-charged Skullbash" unless your hogging the ledge (if that is true then why would you not use one of Pichu's good Edge hogging skills instead of something that can cause a SD easily in stages like FD). In one on one Skull Bash is only useful for recovery really IMO. It is very easy to counter, unlike moves like PK Thunder (which is easy to counter I admit but very easy to fake into a missile attack + let's face it PK thunder is one of the most useful moves in the game if you use it right).

I'm sorry though because I do agree that Skull Bash is Good when there is mass confusion around (FfA)or when you fight The CPU (who gets hit by everything) but not in a one on one fight with another Human who is Pro.

Skull Bash= Roll out can be good to ledge Guard with but there are better things you can do with both characters, things with far less risk anyway.

_clinton

Smash Master
by TOMMY
"The only person I don't try this technique on very often is my brother because he can grab me out of it or shine me or something. His timing is too good vs Skull Bash."

Most People who know how long it takes to charge a Bash will know how to counter it BTW its about 3 seconds to fully charge (one mississippi, two mississippi its easy to counter) and unlike Roll out it flys after being fully charged (of course if Puff fails with Roll out its over for her). Overall I do like Pichu's Bash more then Pika's bash (I like Pichu way more then Pika overall BTW). Pika's bash doesn't take as long to fully charge BTW (its about half of Pichu's Bash). PK Flash could be compared to your Pichu's Bash teck and why using PK flash like that is a bad idea, however PK flash can at least be used to edge guard easily.

Oh and I did say that the Bash is good to use for Edge guarding even though it puts you at a great risk?

T0MMY

Smash Master
by TOMMY
"The only person I don't try this technique on very often is my brother because he can grab me out of it or shine me or something. His timing is too good vs Skull Bash."

Most People who know how long it takes to charge a Bash will know how to counter it BTW its about 3 seconds to fully charge (one mississippi, two mississippi its easy to counter) .

Oh and I did say that the Bash is good to use for Edge guarding even though it puts you at a great risk.
I'm pretty sure it takes longer than 3 seconds to fully charge that Skullbash, though I've never timed it before. And, no, most people have NO IDEA how long you can charge that thing.
btw: it's not that great to use as an edgeguard, because there are plenty of great edgeguarding tactics Pichu has at his disposal. If you're very far away you can alywas double Up+B and get over to the edge quickly enough for a F-Smash or tilt.

_clinton

Smash Master
It is around 3 seconds k (maybe 3:25 but no less then 3 seconds), that is what my watch tells me.

Most people do know how long it takes to charge the thing thou, and that is that it goes off no matter what after a set time limit = easy to make Pichu pay (that was my backpack ok! :))(ok maybe someone who picks up this game may not know how long it takes to charge, or most of the world as well for that matter (most of the world btw))

Also it is good to ledge guard with ok even though it puts you at a :) "great risk" :) (its like all those other moves that put you at great risk such as PK thunder 2 out away from the ledge, or hey how about Falco's foward B away from the ledge while i'm taking about bad ideas? They tricks of great ledge guarding are Otherwise known as SDs which = bad if your trying to win) all those moves that put you at "great risk" by throwing yourself a long way off a cliff are just that good for ledge guarding.

Its as bright as using a small light gun to fire big really heavy bullets :)

Bungalobill3

Smash Rookie
My advie would not to fair so much. Most of the time he got out of it before you could follow it up, and it hurt you more than it hurt him.

Also, your neutral a pushes him into tipper range, and it doesn't stun enough, and it has too much lag. It gives him a free tipper if you use it too much.

Top Bottom