• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 @ Ownapalooza Vol. IX Tourney - Concord, CA - Sunday, August 29th, 2010!!!

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Since the last one was so much fun, I talked to JB and he is letting me run a Smash 64 tourney at the Ownapalooza Vol. IX Melee Tourney. I know that this is the second smash 64 tourney this month up in Norcal, so who knows what the turnout will be like. If anything, we can have a smashfest. Details are as follows:

Date:
Sunday, August 29th

Venue:
Fuddruckers, 2nd Floor
1975 Diamond Blvd #E260
Concord, CA 94520

Fees:
Venue: $1 per event, per person
Singles: $5
Doubles (if enough interest and time): $10 ($5 per person)

Prize Allocation:
Singles:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Doubles:
Winner takes all.

Times:
10:30 am: I will be showing up to the venue to set up base, everyone is welcomed to show up at this time for some friendlies :bee:
11:00 am: Sing-ups begin
12:00 pm: Singles bracket begins
Doubles bracket begins right after singles bracket ends.
9:00 pm: Clean up
10:00 pm: Bounce

Rules:
We will be using Isai's tourney rules. Check this thread for details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262081.
Doubles rules are the same as singles, but with team attack on.

Attending:
1. Myself
2. Shmeat
3. Shmeat's homie
4. HMW :bee:!!!

Since I'm the one in charge of the Smash 64 side event, I am going to need all the help I can get in terms of TVs and systems. Let me know on here if you can bring any of these.

Systems:
1. Myself
2. Shmeat

TVs:
1. Myself

Contact info:
My cell (925.808.1986)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
N64 Controllers

Since the last one was so much fun, I talked to JB and he is letting me run a Smash 64 tourney at the Ownapalooza Vol. IX Melee Tourney. I know that this is the second smash 64 tourney this month up in Norcal, so who knows what the turnout will be like. If anything, we can have a smashfest. Details are as follows:

Date:
Sunday, August 29th

Venue:
Fuddruckers, 2nd Floor
1975 Diamond Blvd #E260
Concord, CA 94520

Fees:
Venue: $1 per event, per person
Singles: $5
Doubles (if enough interest and time): $10 ($5 per person)

Prize Allocation:
Singles:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Doubles:
Winner takes all.

Times:
10:30 am: I will be showing up to the venue to set up base, everyone is welcomed to show up at this time for some friendlies :bee:
11:00 am: Sing-ups begin
12:00 pm: Singles bracket begins
Doubles bracket begins right after singles bracket ends.
9:00 pm: Clean up
10:00 pm: Bounce

Rules:
We will be using Isai's tourney rules. Check this thread for details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262081.
Doubles rules are the same as singles, but with team attack on.

Attending:
1. Myself (so far lol)

Since I'm the one in charge of the Smash 64 side event, I am going to need all the help I can get in terms of TVs and systems. Let me know on here if you can bring any of these.

Systems:
1. Myself

TVs:
1. Myself

Contact info:
My cell (925.808.1986)
Do you know where to buy new N64 controllers? :confused:

Shmeat

Smash Rookie
I would be happy to attend, as would a friend of mine, we can both bring systems if needed, he has four controllers but i only have two. Looking forward to destroying everyone.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE FOR YOUR LACK OF VISiON
haha, i like that. so, im assuming ur gonna make an appearance? :bee:

Does SB have like a "Hangout / Social" thread for N64 Smash. The SB / SLO thread on the Pac West is mainly for Melee and a small amount of Brawl occasionally. I missed the most recent SB N64 Smash tournament because I didn't know about it. :(
No, there arent "social" threads here besides the "talk about whatever u wanna talk about" thread. the smash 64 community is smaller than the melee and brawl communities, so, we all kinda know who plays and who doesnt. some advice that i can give u is, keep checking this competitive sub-forum for any upcoming tourneys. i try to keep norcal, and to some extent, socal, busy with tourneys. u can also post smash 64 related threads here. it may be a good idea to start a thread for tourneys goin down in slo and sb.

Is there gunna be more than four people haha?
[sarcasm]would it change ur decision to come up if there was?[/sarcasm] haha

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Also Jaime, can you provide housing for people at Genesis 2?

Can you ask Chase if there will be an N64 Smash side event at the next CGC?
i wish i could provide housing. im currently living at my parents house so i cant really have people over.

smash 64 is always a side event at cgc's. which reminds me, i should start another thread for it haha

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
im gonna hop on 64 sunday for sure =)

gotta become at least semi decent by genesis hahaha
fo reals! smash 64 players from all over the continent may be coming for it so u gotta be in top shape!

Does anyone know how to fix N64 controllers? My joystick doesn't recoil fast enough. :(
no idea. i usually buy a replacement joystick from like ebay and replace it myself

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I see

yep. won 15 bux! :p
Oh I see. Congratulations! :) Also have you been busy with work, school, etc. lately? It took you like 5 days to post in between posts or you do not post on SWF often? :confused: Also for the N64 Genesis thread, is their a set ups thread for it? I'm thinking about bringing an N64 set up to help the community even though I may not enter if Melee conflicts too much. Thanks. :)

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
yeah, i work full-time so i dont really have time for anything else mon-fri.

i think if u just post in that thread that u'll bring a set up, im sure the OP will update the thread. i dont really know how the whole tourney is being set up. like i said, ive just been too busy to get involved in genesis right now. but ill find out how the tourney organizers are running it and if they need set ups then thats when ill ask people to bring set ups i guess.

Mightdude

Smash Rookie
waaaaittttt. QUESTION. Are there any brawl smashfests in Concord? I live in Bay Point and I'd love to be more active offline.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
@ mightdude: iono, i dont play brawl. i only know of melee and smash 64, sorry.

@metalreflectslime: smash 64 is always a side event at GCGs and yes, it will be there for the next one. also, i will try my best to make it to JB's Melee tourneys in Concord to have a smash 64 setup but its not guaranteed.

Top Bottom