• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Brawl Stuff

Levitas

the moon
I'm really not convinced that Ness is out, like some people have concluded. I don't see any reason why this would indicate Ness is out.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
so they took Ness' moves and gave them to a new character.....get this...they gave this character LONGER GRAB RANGE and an ALTERNATE FORM OF RECOVERY.....i believe we in the business call that BROKEN TOP TIER

But how can we tell Lucas' throws wont suck?

Or even all of his moves wont suck?

An alt recovery is good though for someone like Ness/Lucas

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
what the hell guys?

this actually GIVES ness a better chance of being in.

HIs move are almost COMPLETELY different.

Lucas doesn't have ANY of the original moves that ness had. Like they said, they didn't want anymore clones.

So Lucas is just another character from the mother series.

I won't lose faith in ness.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Source: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=39407838

This guy makes a good point:

"Up until now" means that the subject in question has relevancy from the start and up to this point in time defined herein as now. If you were to say "up until last year," the subject is relevant from start and up to the point of the beginning of last year (or however one places "year" in context). By saying that Ness has been a Smash member "up until now," this means that Ness has been a member since the beginning and up to this point in time. This does not mean that Ness is no longer a member, it only means that it has been confirmed that Ness is a member up to the point at which the statement was made. Since we don't understand the context completely, we don't know if "now" means within the Brawl timeline or if it means the time in between Melee and Brawl. We can say we don't understand because Brawl hasn't been officially released yet. Either way, it's neither a confirmation or a denial.

For example "We have received no information up until now." This means that from the beginning to the point designated as "now," no information has been received by the subject "we." It doesn't mean that "we" will never receive "information." What happens after that point hasn't been defined yet.

This means that Up until now is an ambiguous statement that could go either way. We shouldn't give up now.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
btw,
I posted this in the brawl secition a long time ago but it got no attention.
Look at the pokemon stadium 2 update and LOOK! ITS MUMBO JUMBO!!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Psi Starstorm takes any chances of Poo and Kumatora being in brawl IMO... Plus it looks nothing like it did in Earthbound (which was pure awesome).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Actually, it's -100% chance, which means it add to Ness's chance.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I was saying that I'm sad Lucas has pk starstorm as an FS cuz I wanted Poo to be in...

Oh well...*hopes for Jeff*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I hope all of you enjoyed Simna day and celebrated by observing the Yo-Yo Glitch.

0.1 times zero is still zero : \

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Your formula used to be *10 instead of *M, and 10% = 0.1, but whatever.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Jeff got the same amount of votes as Lucas, Claus, and Megaman in the poll taken by Sakurai:

the characters who were recommended multiple times are:

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

It makes me sad that WW Link got more votes than all of them though... WTF @ WW Link take that **** out of here.

Characters that aren't going to be in just because I've never heard of them:

Demiru(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)
Kawasima(2)

Characters that shouldn't be in, but probably will be in anyways:

Windwaker Link(3) ~ look @ above
Animal Crossing MC(2) ~ NO
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) ~ seriously, what's his moveset going to be? Whistle, generic kicks and punches, and throw different pimin? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Characters that should be in but probably won't be:

Mike Jones (Startropics) ~ it's a Ness that sticks bannanas up his nose. That's frikkin awesome.
Geno... I'm gay for Geno... nuff said.
Ness: T.T I still have hope... but... T.T
Mewtwo: Cuz they have "better" pokemon and Mewtwo wasn't very popular in melee (mabye cuz he sucked Nintendo?)
Ice Climbers: oh wayt.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Never heard of Ouendan? OSU! TATAKAE! OUENDAN!! It's Japanese version of Elite Beat Agents.

And yeah, but Mega Man is more iconic than Jeff.

Edit: Kunio-kun should be in Brawl. He would work better than anyone, his moveset is already brawl-esque.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Never heard of Ouendan? OSU! TATAKAE! OUENDAN!! It's Japanese version of Elite Beat Agents.
I'd totally agree with you if I knew elite beat agents...

And yeah, but Mega Man is more iconic than Jeff.
Just cuz they make a crappy game with his name on it every month doesn't make him iconic. I'm a megaman fan and all... but seriously his chances are pretty rocky... Besides if Jeff get's as many votes as him then you can tell how popular he is in Japan. I wouldn't be suprised if Jeff was in Brawl let's just say that. Out of all the mother characters, besides Ness and Claus, he has the highest chance. I don't think Claus will be in cause it would add another sword user... plus he's a total spoiler to the Mother 3 plot (sorry Ademisk :sad ). Ness.... lol.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
There hasn't been a 'Megaman game' since the freaking 90s. Nobody is pulling for Lan and Hub, or Zero from the future, or random kid who happened to get armor which is possessed by X and Zero or something, wtf was up with that storyline?

Mega Man is iconic

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. The Megaman names... they bug me. Local Area Network? Come on.

2. Megaman is pretty iconic.

3. Megaman's been in 100+ games.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Mega Man has appeared in over 100 games over the past two decades, and is responsible for more sales revenue than both of Capcom's next leading franchises (Street Fighter and Resident Evil) combined.

-Wiki

Mega Man has made appearances in several game projects outside of his original series. He appears as a playable character in the Marvel vs. Capcom fighting game... 3D shooter Cannon Spike, and the card game simulators SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash and Card Fighter 2: Expand Edition.

-Wiki

List of Megaman games

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
So it's agreed that Megaman is a *****? And even though he's so popular, he got as many votes as Lucas, Claus, and Jeff...

Ademisk

Smash Champion
a lot of those games are Re-releases, multiple versions of the same game, and Japan only MOBILE PHONE releases. Thus, I refuse to count them to the total, and it still ends up being around 70.

And who the hell voted for those things? I see like a total of 20 votes on there.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Same as my question, Minsk.

Re-re-releases must be a really good game.

Levitas

the moon
Sakurai said "Buzz-Buzz" in the update today! Buzz-Buzz must therefore be in brawl! lol.

Also, 500 posts as of now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The Buzz Saw confirmed for Brawl!

Young Link confirmed for Brawl!

Lon lon milk CONFIRMED FOR BRAAAWWLL!

Congrats, Smash Apprentice!

Top Bottom