• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So....about that Luigi nerf...yeah...

wolvenreign

Smash Rookie
Well, I was doing some experimenting with the new Luigi. I had heard that he was nerfed and was at first a little dismayed by how much higher in the air the d-throw chucks the opponent.

Then I found out that Bang Bang Elevator (my personal name for DThrow to UpB) is not only still possible, but because of the greater height of Up+B, it can kill at even lower percents than before. Peach, for example, can be killed at 65%.

So...actually, this is kind of a buff.

Oh, but the difference is that you need to do a double jump before doing an up+B now. Just double jump quickly to get where the opponent is and you'll be able to kill them even earlier than you could before the patch.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Since when did up B get a height buff? Do you mean Down B growth? Also, People can still react from the double jump. And losing Luigi's double jump like that risks an early gimp. Sadly, the old down throw to up B I find still better because it has less risk than that.

Top Bottom