• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So was Falco decloned any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From what I've seen so far Falco and Fox don't seem any more different from each other than they did in Brawl while even the Two Links got some more differences. Any changes I missed?

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Jabs, U-tilt, all his aerials now that his B-air is like Wolf, F-smash and U-smash(2 hits now), his throws share the same
animation as Fox but are better cause the stun laser hit the enemy further away... Dash attack, F-tilt and D-tilt are the same.
Lasers/reflector works different and also new is his side-B has some new animation where he uses his feathers now to
jump out of it to keep him safe without doing the firebird unlike Fox but it has lag on the ground while Fox hasn't.
Firebird works the same as Fox except that it hit multiple times.
Overall Falco is the most unique (semi-)clone in the game, i'd say his 60/40 wih Ganon being second at 50/50...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Jabs, U-tilt, all his aerials now that his B-air is like Wolf, F-smash and U-smash(2 hits now), his throws share the same
animation as Fox but are better cause the stun laser hit the enemy further away... Dash attack, F-tilt and D-tilt are the same.
Lasers/reflector works different and also new is his side-B has some new animation where he uses his feathers now to
jump out of it to keep him safe without doing the firebird unlike Fox but it has lag on the ground while Fox hasn't.
Firebird works the same as Fox except that it hit multiple times.
Overall Falco is the most unique (semi-)clone in the game, i'd say his 60/40 wih Ganon being second at 50/50...
I'd still say Luigi is the most unique. But when does one stop being a semi-clone and become their own?

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
I'd still say Luigi is the most unique. But when does one stop being a semi-clone and become their own?
Probably never since they're overall design came from a different character and got altered to work different...
Luigi is at the limit and Falco could get a new FS but i think that's the best they could difference them without
going out of character since Mario/Luigi and Fox/Falco had a similiar training.
Ganondorf is a different story...

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Because of Falco's status as semi-clone, he doesn't really need any changes at all. Those alterations were done in his transition from Melee to Brawl and thanks to it he stands out more in gameplay wise since then.

Luigi is at the limit and Falco could get a new FS but i think that's the best they could difference them without
going out of character since Mario/Luigi and Fox/Falco had a similiar training.
Ganondorf is a different story...
What? You mustn't be aware of his family ties then. Captain Falcon is Ganondorf's son, he was taught how to fight from his father and was sent to the future with a mission; to retrieve the Triforce of Speed by competing in the F-Zero Grandprix.
Falco was Fox's classmate at the Combat & Arms Academy for Anthropomorphic Pets of Corneria where they learned how to fight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom