• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Vids Of My Roy...

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good Roy from what I see. It's just at a couple moments in the vids, instead of dash dance, you were turning around [I'm assuming you wanted to dash dance]. Also some KO opportunities may have been available if you just followed up with an fsmash after an lcanceled aerial attack.

Also, one thing which I'm not too clear about myself, is bypassing an opponents shield grab. People suggest doing a late shffled aerial into a dash dance-grab to get under and behind the shield grabber, but I'm not sure if this can work against every body [not too sure about the shield impact lag and quickness of the grabbing animation for each character].

Also, I saw a couple times where you decided to run/wavedash away from the opponent after applying a little pressure. Maybe a continuation of the pressure combined with good spacing could've yielded a different result, but this all depends on your opponent.

Well, good job on your Roy, seems better than your combo video, though I can't really gauge your talent with the combo video.

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
It looks good technically, even if there were a few human errors in there (eg, 1st stock of pokemon).

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I personally thought you didn't attack at certain opportunities, but as far as movement, I liked the fast you were able to move with Roy and left him feeling like he had no time or room for anything. What did you use to put this on youtube if I might ask? How did you do that?

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Though this might not help too much. One spot in the 2nd video you were dashdancing and falcon came up short with his side b punch. You could have done a smash out of dash dance. Though a smash out of dash dance requires timing and is a risky move at most times, it can lead to a simple ko.

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
In both videos you played excellent. Im not going to point as specific points in the video because at all times we make mistakes and dont acknowledge them. In an overall perspective you played great and your very good with a character that most people find difficult to use.

You know all the shuffling and more advanced techniques and how 2 use them against your opponent.

Excellent job, not to mention you have probably the best roy combo video up on youtube so you automatically get great praise.

Top Bottom