• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

something a little helpful to sheik players

uopq

Smash Rookie
don't know if any of you have figured this one out, or if it was in melee (i mained falco) but i found something pretty nifty with sheik. i was testing this on battlefield and used the left platform.

go to the left edge of the platform and dash, before you're about to fall off the side of the platform, stop dashing and use your needles. this should align your foot to the right side of the top platform if you do it correctly. it gets sheik a lot further than just regularly dashing off. you can also cancel the needles into an aerial.

you can also use this for edgeguarding (if the person likes to get really low below the platform with a double jump or just for overkill) and edgehogging (which requires an earlier timing).

i hope you guys find this useful or possibly expand on this. (unless this was in melee which i didn't know of because i used falco).

and again, if this was used in melee, or this tech is similar to something else, sorry for wasting your time reading this, and yes i used the search forum to see if there were anything similar to this and nothing was found.

edit: i've done a few tests on some other characters and it seems that their ->+B or B do the same thing. tests were done with, toon link, link, and mario.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not exactly sure what you're describing. Can you post a video, or tell me step by step what's going on here? Maybe I have to try it myself to see what's supposed to happen, but all I can figure from this is that you're throwing needles while at the ledge of a platform.

uopq

Smash Rookie
yeah i'm sorry, it is hard to explain, and i tried lol. i don't have anything to record videos.. maybe i can send a replay if you'd like, and if you have to tools to capture video, then please do what you can. i will add your wii number and friend code and i'll have mine posted in a bit.

uopq

Smash Rookie
I'm not exactly sure what you're describing. Can you post a video, or tell me step by step what's going on here? Maybe I have to try it myself to see what's supposed to happen, but all I can figure from this is that you're throwing needles while at the ledge of a platform.
no it's not throwing needles or charging them on the side of a platform/edge, and yeah i can understand why you're seeing it that way.

step 1) get to the left edge of the left platform.

step 2) dash to the right.

step 3) as soon as you get to the edge, charge needles. you should not come to a complete stop. the dash stopping animation should be right on the edge and when that pops up charge the needles. the charging is not during the animation, it is right when it starts.

step 4) if you have done this correctly, you should notice a little increased midair speed. yes it is noticeable. another way to see if you have done it correctly, is if you are aligned with right edge of the top platform (more or less) when you land on the ground (alignment should be checked after the little slide has finished). basically, a fastfall with more distance.

step 5) if you want, you can cancel the needles and do an aerial and what not.

if you want to use it for an edgehog, the timing would be a little earlier.

another way, if you are struggling with the timing is to just do a forward b, yes bring out the whip, instead of neutral b. this is just to get the timing, and if it is done correctly, you should fall straight down and some of sheiks body should go through the platform. this should be used for the timing learning process.

and one last way to test if you are doing it right is go from the right platform -> off the stage. (cancel needles when off the platform) landing on the stage means your timing isn't correct, if you grab the edge or go flying off, then you are good to go.

i hope this helps a little more.

Top Bottom