• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Down B into Vertical Spin Dash Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so I played a bunch of games today and this happend to me 2 times by accident but I was curious if anyone knows how to do it on purpose.

So pretty much I did Spin Charge (down B) and when I hit their sheild and jumped, I went straight up like a vertical spin dash jump (see herre https://youtu.be/JOJ3Ri0zALs?t=23s) instead of going on a 45 degree angle like you normally would if you simply jumped out of a spin dash/spin charge. The hitbox seemed to remain active as I jumped because my opponent dropped sheild both times (probably because they assumed I would jump forward at a 45) and got hit by me while I raised straight up instead.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This happens when you enter a "slow spin".

Shields help activate the slow spin roll as it effects your momentum, and hitting jump during the slow spin roll gives you a jump that looks like a vertical spin jump.

You can also activate it by just doing very little charge, but the slow spin jump type of thing only tends to happen if you contact a shield during it.

It's good shield pressure/mix-up option.

Also, we have a FAQ thread for this kind of thing.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom