• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's 2 Different Side-B's

The Other Guy

Smash Rookie
Does anybody ever use the held grounded side b? The one with the little hop at the beginning? I feel as if the tapped one is almost always a better option, whether it be for carrying an opponent off stage, or to wavedash/JC grab. So my question is, does anybody use the held side-b? Because I certainly wouldn't mind getting rid of the little hop.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I use side-B-Hop all the time. If you read the General Discussion, I came across a couple ATs that really explode the utility of the move, from allowing it to be a recovery mix-up(even without a second jump), to utilizing it to pop up, frame-perfect cancel into utilt(or grab... spacies I think you can USmash at mid-percent). It helps cover a bit more distance than the tapped version, so if you read a shield you have a better chance to get the JCGrab.

Personally I find sideB to continue to be be my favorite move because of its alternate versions.

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
Did you ever find a way to showcase that trick in a video? Any matches you used it in or just a little something for visual explanation?

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
The hop is kind of useless besides using it to grab the ledge, I think it could work for a Combo

Last edited:

shores

Smash Rookie
I use it to extend my combos into either his slide kick for kill or a JCgrab. I would be very upset if they got rid of the hop.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
You can also jab reset after you wave dash forward after side b,and the grounded side b is used for gimps on spacies only its free on Falco , Fox & Wolf are a little tricky because you must nair at certain times http://youtu.be/9JRzM81MyOg?t=2m51s and http://youtu.be/9JRzM81MyOg?t=5m13s is what i meant and when you cancel it off the edge use homing attack or nair like Wizzy did I alway did it at 2.6 and I always do it now but I advise you to use it on tech chase follow up

Last edited:
Top Bottom