• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's approach

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
How do you approach with sonic? I was playing with my friends and I was getting trashed, I couldn't figure out to go in. My friend told me I was going in too hard and it was obvious what I was going to try, so all he had to do was cc dtilt, shield grab or other such things. What types of ways should i be approaching. I've heard sonic has plenty of ways to approach but I guess I'm not very creative. :/

Last edited:

TKDbeast

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kyle
It seems as though you kept on doing a predictable attack. Try to keep them on their toes. You may do a shorthop overB at one point, dash attack another time, downB into them in a different situation, maybe even neutral b into them at some point, or just run into them with a shorthop aerial if you think you can pull it off. The point is to keep them guessing. An added bonus to this is that they may start doing irrational stuff they wouldn't do otherwise out of saltiness. But most importantly, remember to dash dance before you approach so they react slower when you do come at them.

FeintStep

Smash Rookie
As far as im concerned the only "safe" approaches on sonic are extremely well spaced fairs and ftilts, otherwise you literally are playing a bait and punish game using his incredible dash dance, bait **** out WD in/JC grab and punish hard dont let up on the pressure once you are in because its very hard to get to even get in in the first place

Top Bottom