• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Moving Fist Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrotstien

Smash Rookie

TL;DR: this allows for some characters to go from jab 2 to jab 1 without any lag as long as the second jab wiffs

2Methods: (using standard control set up)

1. press A once and release. right away press A again and hold it. This will make Sonic execute the second jab, but after it it will reset into the first jab.
    Once the first jab comes out, let go of A, and press and hold it again. Repeat as desired.
  2. press and hold A, and then flick the C stick in some rhythm (my guess is about 2 per second). The timing isn't very strict - but this method sort of requires a claw grip.

Many characters whose jab strings are 2 quick, 1 slow, can use this method to create a rapid-like jab. Once the jab contacts something, this stops working and it becomes a normal jab. This can be useful for mind games, or if you are a bit to far from someone and you miss your first jab, and your opponent is waiting for you to stop or reach your laggy jab finisher.
This doesn't work for all characters that do have a 3 jab string (such as Robin or Wii Fit Trainer).

I do like how it works for Sonic in that his second jab causes him to creep forward.

Maybe everyone knows this already and i'm just catching on...maybe not - hence the post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom