• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spinning Kong Edgehog

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
:dk: probably not posted before but yeah, Spinning Kong Edghog!

It looks to slow to be an effective edgehogger but think about it.
You pop one of them off while they try to get back to the ledge, they try to sweetspot the ledge because you're up there spinning, little do they know.......BAM

they're edgehogged! Too slow for they to realize what you're doing, and a big hitbox making them react by sweetspotting the ledge.

I just thought of it now, please add anything

St. Viers

Smash Champion
what if they hit you when you are spinning? Marth's/ Doc's Up-B comes to mind? Wouldn't that just hit you out of it?

technomancer

Smash Champion
This is pretty often used actually, and it's TOO GOOD.

You have to use your invincibility, but you can often pull a stagespike and it's great and has actually less lag because almost all your other edgeguards require you to use your Up-B to get back anyway. Also if they tech they can get gayed in the spin lolz.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
what if they hit you when you are spinning? Marth's/ Doc's Up-B comes to mind? Wouldn't that just hit you out of it?
:dk: People can't always time their upB right? When they think they'll hit you and sweetspot the ledge, your ending animation would be cancelled onto the ledge. It is shorter than it actually looks, and very deceiving because it doesn't lose as much air, meaning it's harder to tell if you're just spinning or actually going for the edgehog

King Kong

Smash Lord
Today i was trying out running sort of 1/4 of the way across a stage, jumping then using the spinning Kong to get to the other side of the stage through the air and grab the edge. Its not very difficult and on a stage like Pokestadium its pretty easy. Its not that useful but it looks cool as ****.

Instant edgehog is too good.

peace out

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
The edge hog thing you mentiond is cool Kong, but I don't understand what this edge guard thing is. Could you be more explicit?

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
What I do when doing this is be as near the edge as possible, do the upB, then right before it's about to end, I move a little to the side, instantly grabbing the ledge. It throws people off the first time you do it, and if you time it well enough.

When they see Donkey Kong with that large hitbox over the edge, of course they're gonna wanna sweetspot right? That's when you grab the ledge

again, TOO GOOD

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Oh. I get it now. I thought you were immediately going off the edge with the u-b and grabbing when it ended. This is better than I thought.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I find this to work best against those Game and Watches who go all the way down just to sweetspot the ledge, please post success stories if you tried this

Top Bottom