• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages?

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Sorry, i know spam is the last thing needed to revive the Peach boards, but I've searched and searched and needed some info;

Stage Selection. Her Best/Worst and why? I couldn't find any info, anything helps!

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
High ceilings are good because she's floaty, but usually doesn't kill off the top. Wide blast zones can be good since she's got a strong recovery and good gimp potential. Small stages limit her ability to pull turnips somewhat. Large stages may convey marginal benefits over medium ones, but only if the opponent can't capitalize on the additional space. Platforms can be useful, especially lower ones that are at a good height for utilt pokes. That said I'm not a huge fan of Lylat as Peach, I feel like that many low platforms ends up just getting in the way and her platform game isn't really that good.

Most of the time I just pick a medium-size stage that I feel doesn't cater too strongly to whatever my opponent's good at. Sometimes I'll pick Skyloft for mindgames; a lot of people aren't comfortable on that stage. I usually go Link if I'm planning to pick Skyloft though.

EDIT: Walls below the stage are cool since you can booty bomber off them. Not a huge thing, but it's there.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
High ceilings are good because she's floaty, but usually doesn't kill off the top. Wide blast zones can be good since she's got a strong recovery and good gimp potential. Small stages limit her ability to pull turnips somewhat. Large stages may convey marginal benefits over medium ones, but only if the opponent can't capitalize on the additional space. Platforms can be useful, especially lower ones that are at a good height for utilt pokes. That said I'm not a huge fan of Lylat as Peach, I feel like that many low platforms ends up just getting in the way and her platform game isn't really that good.

Most of the time I just pick a medium-size stage that I feel doesn't cater too strongly to whatever my opponent's good at. Sometimes I'll pick Skyloft for mindgames; a lot of people aren't comfortable on that stage. I usually go Link if I'm planning to pick Skyloft though.

EDIT: Walls below the stage are cool since you can booty bomber off them. Not a huge thing, but it's there.
So that in mind, would you say something like (and this is basic, fyi):
Pros: Battlefield, Green Greens, Yoshi's Island, Norfair, PS2, FD, and Skyloft
Counterpick: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Lylat, GHZ, and Smashville?

based on similar guidelines to what you said, at least. I feel at least the first 3x of each is right, the rest were kinda discussed with a friend and not sure still.

rje457

Smash Cadet
For Peach, my favorite stage to go to is Fountain of Dreams because of the very cramped space so dsmash is sooo good. Also I feel like it's easier to edge-guard foes here as well. Dreamland is a very smart pick for Peach because of the high ceiling but is usually banned if your opponent knows what their doing. So that's why Fountain of Dreams is my go-to counter-pick, for some reason I do very poor on battlefield with Peach and avoid Pokemon Stadium 2 at all costs (low ceiling).

Top Bottom