• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suddenly trouble VS Mario?

Souls

Smash Rookie
Shiek has been my main since Melee, and I've had one friend I've played with since the melee days up until now, who mained Mario. I always pretty much destroyed him 9 out of 10 times. But now suddenly in Project M it's not the case, It's come down to the point where I'm winning less than half the matches for some reason.

He likes to spam fireballs, and whenever I go in from above he's already ready to counter me, and anytime we're close on the ground he just spams his down kick twirl ****.

Can I get any help for this ****? I've never had a problem until now so I'm pretty ****ing lost.

Forgot to mention I'm a ****ing scrub. So if I come off as one, well there you go.

Last edited:

EMP_Zurg

Smash Cadet
fireball is a good projectile, possibly better than needles, and allows him to control a lot of space. he has pretty good anti airs. you can still outspace him because your legs are gigantic. by down kick twirl do you mean dsmash, dair, downb? he spins a lot. but the moral of the story is that in melee you get to treat him as the bag of **** he is, and in pm he is a real and dangerous character that you need to play against intelligently. so, the main tips are: space, charge needles if you ever get a breather, grab him and juggle him

D

Deleted member

sh ff ac fairs are the way to go in this match. just spam that and you'll at least do a lot better.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
mario get major buffs in pm, so shiek is not the good of a matchup anymore. i find that wolf, falco, and roy are good against mario

kaizo13

Smash Champion
tbh mario is just a bit over the top in this build, not much u can do about that other than outplay your opponent

also the way CCing currently works really hurts sheik

Top Bottom