• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash: XI - Super Smash Con, Road2Shine, Xanadu

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I heard something about Ally not being able to finish his bracket in time due to his flight to Brazil or something? He's not DQ'ing is he?
He can't make grands because of his schedule. He's probably DQ ing if he makes it to losers finals.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I don't know what Roy's supposed to do about Shadow Ball camping and Mewtwo's edgeguards, but I could see the MU being Roy's best.

:150:

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
You know who I think should be applauded? Scatt. This tournament is the man's to lose at this point. Even in the unlikely situation he beats Mr. R he still has the possibility to face Void. And if he's thrown into Losers, I doubt he can beat Dabuz (again) or Abadango.

Still, Top 8 for him is a hell of an accomplishment for him considering the hell of a match he had to scour through.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Aba was super predictable with his air dodges and shadowballs. Mario's hitboxes easily stuffed any type of phase he attempted.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Fatality up 2-0 on Dabuz whhhhhhhhhat

EDIT: awful, awful dair attempts from Fatality. 2-2, Olimar doing a lot for Dabuz

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
fatality was the reason fatality lost

Still a good performance for Falcon. If he can grind the Olimar matchup and not be so unsafe he might have Dabuz's number in the future. Surprising performance from fatality overall given his recent track record.

my_T

Smash Journeyman
What was Aba trying to do with that Up B during his first stock game 5 vs Ally?

ledge cancel? looked like an input error

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Mr. R :4sheik: 3-0 ScAtt :4megaman:

This is the first time in a long time Nairo has managed to outplace Marss as a national.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Really surprised VoiD couldn't manage it, especially with how mediocre Nairo's been this summer.

What's the record between Mr. R and Nairo?

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice
Really surprised VoiD couldn't manage it, especially with how mediocre Nairo's been this summer.

What's the record between Mr. R and Nairo?
Very close: 5-4 in Mr. R's favor overall, 1-1 in 2016. Going to be a great set.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Apparently, Mr. R has a Bayonetta.
Not a very good one, though...

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Congratulations to Nairo for winning SSC vs. Dabuz 3-1!

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Super Smash Con 2016 Top 8 (1,272 entrants)
1st: Liquid Nairo :4zss:
2nd: dT Dabuz :rosalina::4olimar:
3rd: Mr. R :4sheik::4bayonetta2:
4th: VoiD :4sheik:
5th: Ally :4mario:
5th: ScAtt :4megaman::4cloud2:
7th: Fatality :4falcon::4mario:
7th: Abadango :4mewtwo::rosalina:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Didn't Dabuz say two months ago that Olimar's the worst character in the game?

Don't care if there's no matchup experience or not, you do not muscle through 2.5 Top 8 matches with such a character when the likes of Puff and Zelda exist.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Didn't Dabuz say two months ago that Olimar's the worst character in the game?

Don't care if there's no matchup experience or not, you do not muscle through 2.5 Top 8 matches with such a character when the likes of Puff and Zelda exist.
No no no.

Dabuz said that as the game progresses, Olimar will fall down to bottom tier. He never said worst. Even his tier list did not have Olimar that low lol.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
No no no.

Dabuz said that as the game progresses, Olimar will fall down to bottom tier. He never said worst. Even his tier list did not have Olimar that low lol.
I thought Olimar was pulled out due to surprise factor? What makes Dabuz say that Olimar will fall to bottom tier?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't know what Roy's supposed to do about Shadow Ball camping and Mewtwo's edgeguards, but I could see the MU being Roy's best.

20 frame SHFF + the mobility to sit at a range at which you can generally easily anticipate shadowball charge release and punish/trap you for shield canceling it. You cannot roll against him either unless you want to die. If you shadowball his shield and you try to attack it, you eat super armor up-b (god bless your lack of aerial acceleration to weave away once you jump, and obviously you cannot hit him with any grounded attacks either).
Mix ups really, blazer's hitboxes are placed pretty well in front of him so he doesn't get screwed over by neutral air (easily), at the least. Mewtwo doesn't beat roy's back air either, so unless you're on top of him off stage, he can turn around (with bair) to more easily protect himself.

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Looks like SSC and the like were tough on some of the dominant players. Tons of 9th/13th placings.

I don't envy having to play this game at high levels of play; it seems incredibly stressful. I also feel incredibly bad for Dabuz. He didn't deserve the abuse he got (apparently someone hit his chair while playing?! That is not okay)

Last edited:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Going by overall results SSC ended up pretty consistent in my opinion. Only thing urorthodox would be that the 13th places are 'better' than the 9ths

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Looks like SSC and the like were tough on some of the dominant players. Tons of 9th/13th placings.

I don't envy having to play this game at high levels of play; it seems incredibly stressful. I also feel incredibly bad for Dabuz. He didn't deserve the abuse he got (apparently someone hit his chair while playing?! That is not okay)
It wasn't an intentional hit. False was recording the Brawl documentary and accidentally hit his chair. https://twitter.com/fals1fy/status/765000308464480256

Top Bottom